Senior Project Manager
Jan 2008 - Present
On a daily basis I manage between 10-20 active projects and am responsible for a total of 40 residential and commercial automation projects. I will manage the projects from start to finish including coordination between contractors, homeowners, architects, and Interior decorators. Projects could be large as 20,000 sq. ft home with full Savant automation system including, Lutron lighting, IC Realtime cameras, Savant Climate control, DSC Security system, distributed Savant Audio Video system. I also manage the schedule for install crews ,along with any special access conditions, and coordinating with other trades that may be needed such as electricians and or carpenters. I conduct initial walkthroughs with clients before the project starts, along with several more walkthroughs throughout the progress of the project. At the end of the project I complete a walkthrough with the client again to review the project is completed to their satisfaction along with conducting a training for the client and users.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Providing advanced Savant programming for special automation situations, custom profiles, and commercial board room themes customization
- Provide first level technical support for install and service technicians
- Provide remote support for clients with installed system, often using remote access software to login to a clients automation system, lighting system, or network to resolve any issues they may be experiencing
- Attend vendor trainings to keep current on new and upcoming products
- Utilize the vendor trainings to create and conduct internal ACT trainings to our technicians.
- Review all proposals and change orders for design integrity
- Manage ACT's wired and wireless network, phone system and voicemail
- Manage ACT's Google for Business e-mail, calendar, and cloud storage services
- Purchase, deploy and test new products before being specified or installed to ensure operation meets ACT's reliability standards