President, Technologies, Group President, Chief Technology Officer
President, Technology for S&P 500, and NASDAQ 100 company, with 5,500 employees across 28 countries.
CAGR of over 60% for 7 years. From 70M in annual revenue to 1.2B in annual revenue
- Global responsibility for all Technology systems, staff, and strategy.
- Corporate Executive Officer, responsible for 150M operating budget, 75M Capital budget, 700 technical employees in 20 countries.
- Executive leader across Strategy (M&A), Product and Technology groups for 3 Regional and 7 Business Units, and 5500 employees
- Technology interface for company to Wall Street analysts
- Developed and Staffed - Monster Labs. A Research & Development unit to serve as innovation center of company.
- Reorganized Global Technical staff from 6 divisions into one centralized team of 750 people, for an operational savings of $20m to the company in the first year.
- Built development center in Prague, CZ and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for support of product development. Increased development capacity by 40% with no net increase in expense. Off-shored 50% of development staff to low cost country, with positive morale and distributed development processes.
- Implemented utility computing, server virtualization to reduce infrastructure costs
- Incorporated program management structure and discipline within Internet startup culture.
- Supported continuous evolution of web based products to expand customer base and increase revenue on average 25% per year.
- Developed products which contributed to customer satisfaction and new revenue streams for Monster. Customer Satisfaction with product from 50% to 85% during my tenure.
- Received awards from Sales department for product improvements, customer attention and sales process improvement.
- Integrated over 35 acquisitions in NA, EU and APAC.
- Managed regional and divisional divestitures (post centralization of Technology) with no legal exposure and under budget in all cases.
- Designed and managed one of the most efficient large scale web sites in world. (as measured by Tech exp % of revenue, or Tech exp % of total expenses)
- Created process improvement practice in Technology, which contributes on average $10M in savings for Business Units each of the last three years.
- Supported site traffic increases of 100-200% (on average) per year, while reducing expense structure.
- Developed plan for International expansion using technology and marketing only - first three countries launched, within 6 months. Plans for 8 more in next 12 months.
Key Technology Highlights:
- Implemented global Siebel CRM solution , for 3,000 Sales & Support staff, with substantial Sales productivity improvements.
- Implemented Global Oracle Financial system.
- Developed key Web Services strategy & technology for company, which supports third party application integration
- Microsoft Joint Development partner - developed .NET applications and development environment
- Built 40TB datawarehouse using SQL Server, Business Objects, BPEL
- Dell beta customer for multiple products, including 64bit architecture and blade server technology
- Web 2.0 pioneer development for new Consumer applications
- Developed new Advertising Network for employer recruiting. Currently in launch phase.
- Implemented Marketing Automation toolset and Service infrastructure