- Strategic development and implementation of policies and procedures both in the finance and general operational realms.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication with the association's president, general attorney, labor attorneys, board members and government accountability officials regarding critical company issues.
- File essential reports with the D.C. Office of Campaign Finance/Board of Elections and Ethics, in accordance to D.C. code and deadline.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in banking and lease negotiations.
- Plan, and direct operations in support of the association's vision.
- Make sound business decisions based on current and past financial trends.
- Improve administrative and operational services such as treasury management, payroll, retirement investments, and insurance policies.
- Responsible for the integrity of the general ledger, subsidiary ledgers, and financial statements.
- Prepare the formulation, justification and execution of the budget for staff, president, trustees, and board of directors.
- Facilitate annual independent audit, and present the audit results to board of directors.
- Proactively perform monthly, quarterly, and annual analysis of account and program activity.
- Evaluate and recommend modifications to any financial and/or administrative operations.
- Confidentially retain employee records.
- Monitor staff performance and development goals.
- Attract, retain, and motive staff.
- Review employee manual for updates and/or revisions.
Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer