More than fifteen years of experience in Finance, managing the following areas: audit compliance, internal control, budgeting, contract negotiations, debt collection, payroll, taxes and support for the commercial area.Multicultural, proven leadership skills involving managing, developing and motivating teams to achieve their objectives, good problem solving and analytical skills.
Jun 2006 - Feb 2009
Risk Manager for Latin America and Spain
General Electric Capital International Fin. Corp. Inc.
Based in Mexico City.Responsible for coordinating and conducting audits of strategic, credit, operational, regulatory and enterprise risks for the banks in Mexico, Brazil and Spain, participated in other reviews conducted in Europe and Asia (France, Germany, Philippines, Switzerland, Italy), consolidation and preparation of the quarterly reports to the Board and Regulators with the results of the 25 entities belonging to GECIFC.
- Implemented the new review process (assessment of strategic, credit, operational, regulatory and enterprise risks) used on the bank audits.
- Implemented new formats for the production of the reports for the Board of Directors and NYSBD (New York State Banking Department) achieving a 70% reduction in the production time.
- Regular ongoing contact with GE banks at Chief Executive and Chief Risk Officer level to devise and maintain risk assessments of each business.
Aug 2003 - Dec 2005
Business Manager Latin America and the Caribbean
British Airways PLC
Based in Mexico City (Aug 2003 – Sept 2004 in Madrid, Spain).Responsible for coordinating the accounting and internal audit activities, implementation of the internal control program, negotiation of contracts for the region, preparation and evaluation of the annual budget (20,640,000 GBP).
- Received the exceptional performance award (December 2003) due the outcome of the internal audits and the implementation of the internal control program.
- Managed to obtain savings in general expenditure for a total of 350,000 GBP during the last year.
- Transferred the accounting processes from Colombia and Venezuela to the accounting hub in Mexico, eliminating the Finance structure in both countries (7 staff in total)
- Implemented the procedure for the Value Added Tax payment calculation and the recoveries of taxes paid in excess during the last year for a total of 250,000 USD.
Sep 2002 - Jul 2003
Financial Accounting Mgr Western Europe & Latin America
British Airways PLC
Based in Spain.Responsible for coordinating the accounting and internal audit activities, implementation of the internal control program, elaboration and evaluation of the annual budget for the region.
·Obtained the first internal audit report with no comments.
·Implemented the new credit policy in the area, achieving a 10% reduction in bad debtors.
·Implemented the monthly reporting process for the region, in order to review budget variances, headcount movements and internal controls audits in the countries.
·Implemented the internal control program (equivalent to Sarbanes Oxley).
Jun 1999 - Aug 2002
Finance Manager Southern Cone
Based in Argentina. I was in charge of the accounting, auditing, purchasing and administrative activities in the region.In charge of coordinating the internal control program in the region.
- Initiated the Value Added Tax recovery process for a total value of 1,250,000 USD.
- Managed the activation and implementation of the disaster recovery plan after the fire in the office re-establishing the operation after 24 hours.
- Received the award for the best Finance team in the region.
- Achieved a 15% reduction on staff due the supplier payment and payroll interface between excel and the company accounting system.