Product Development and Reservations Consultant
Discover Australia Holidays
Wholesale travel company in the vibrant Tourism industry, which assists the general public to coordinate their travel plans and create powerful travel itineraries to make lasting memories.
Product Development - Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop travel packages including initial research and liaising with tour operators, design detailed itineraries, create informative and engaging descriptions, generate package pricing with Microsoft Excel and either upload to the company website, forward to Marketing team for brochure and EDM creation or forward/upload to online businesses for marketing distribution (e.g. Kogan and Travel Starts at 60).
- Update and monitor company website and brochure content to consistently improve descriptive writing , correct pricing and update travel package itineraries.
- Create, update and digitise booking procedures for Reservations Team and ensure they have up to date product knowledge.
- Organise and assist with large campaigns and events such as Australasian Police and Emergency Services Games, AFL travel packages, CHOGM, Kogan, Travel starts at 60 as well as large co-operative advertising campaigns with major airlines, cruise liners, tourism authorities and suppliers (e.g. Great Southern Rail).
- Create and maintain positive business relationships with hotels, airlines, tour operators, airport transfer companies, cruise companies, rail companies and vehicle hire operators.
Reservations Consultant - Duties and Responsibilities
- Book single day trips, through to complex multi-destination tailor-made itineraries using in-house computer systems.
- Provide face to face and telephone advice to customers ensuring excellent customer service at all times, professional and welcoming manner and calm and diplomatic dispute resolution.
- Maximize sales and customer satisfaction by maintaining in depth brand and product knowledge to suggest upgrades that would improve the client’s holiday experience.
- Perform administrative and office support for multiple departments within the company including Marketing, Reservations, Accounting and Senior Executives in form of Word processing, data entry, filing, sort and distribute incoming mail, dispatch outgoing mail, use phone switchboard system to divert incoming calls to appropriate department/employee, printing, binding, scanning and photocopying.
Promotion to Product Department and selected for a two week long company-paid trip to Western Australia's South West region, gaining first-hand experience and further knowledge of the tour packages and products on offer.