Product Development and Reservations Consultant
Discover Australia Holidays
Wholesale travel company in the vibrant Tourism industry, which assists clients to coordinate their travel plans and create powerful travel itineraries to make lasting memories.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop travel packages for the public - including initial research and liaising with tour operators, design detailed itineraries, create informative and engaging descriptions, generate package pricing with Microsoft Excel and load all information onto the company website.
- Update and monitor company website and brochure content - consistently improve descriptive writing , correct pricing and update travel package itineraries.
- Create booking procedures for Reservations Team and ensure they have up to date product knowledge.
- Effectively communicate with company staff and suppliers on all levels from Juniors to high-level Senior Management.
- Assist with large campaigns and events such as Australian Police and Emergency Services Games, AFL travel packages, CHOGM, Kogan, Travel starts at 60 - Large co-operative advertising campaigns with major airlines, tourism authorities and suppliers (e.g. Great Southern Rail)
- Create and maintain positive business relationships with hotels, airlines, tour operators, airport transfer companies, cruise companies, rail companies and vehicle hire operators.
- Design and develop single day trips, through to complex multi-destination tailor-made itineraries using in-house computer systems.
- Provide face to face and telephone advice to customers ensuring excellent customer service at all times, professional and welcoming manner and calm and diplomatic dispute resolution.
- Maximize sales and customer satisfaction by maintaining in depth brand and product knowledge to suggest upgrades that would improve the client’s holiday experience.
- Perform administrative and office support for multiple departments within the company including; Marketing, Reservations, Accounting and Senior Management Executives
- Word processing, data entry, filing, sort and distribute incoming mail, dispatch outgoing mail.
Promotion to Product Department.
Selected for a two week long company paid trip to Western Australia's South West region, gaining first-hand experience and further knowledge of the tour packages and products on offer.