I am an Embedded Systems Software Developer specializing in building Product platforms with open source and free software.
I have technical experience of over ten (10) years, having worked on Embedded Systems and Open Source software from 2001. I work on GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, OpenSolaris ports to specialized hardware platforms. I specialize in improving performance, especially hard real-time performance.
- Developed the first ever port of Hard Realtime Linux (RTLinuxFree) to Cirrus Logic CS89712 SoC which used an ARM7TDMI core, ARMv4 Instruction-set-Architecture.
- Developed an RT-BSD patch for Cirrus Logic CS89xxx series cores on FreeBSD 4.0.
- Developed an early StrongARM PXA250 Hard Realtime Linux (RTLinuxFree) port on the Advantech SOCER 130 Platform.
- Developed an early OMAP 1210 RTLinuxFree port, with support for DSP Bridge.
- I specialize in porting Embedded GNU/Linux and other Open Source Operating Systems to Customized Platforms (including New Silicon).
- I help in resolving licensing issues of customized platforms that rely on open-source platforms.
- Built security measures and deterrents to secure a complete organization level intranet infrastructure with an intuitive single interface dual-class of IP addresses with open source tools.
- Aided in developing and packaging a manageable static-analyzer framework with automated build framework by bringing an (previously) unmanaged software package to the level of packaging and deployment.
- Engineered an IPC mechanism for inter-processor communication with support for low and high payloads to facilitate realtime communication on a specialized multicore processor.
As an interest and hobby, I devote my entire time to applying my skills or developing them towards Embedded and Portable Computing Systems.
I take up leadership roles wherever necessary, to facilitate teamwork in high-intellect technology teams or to build teams focused on niche technology.