I am a qualified English A, English B and Life Orientation teacher, with a PGCE (distinction), with Honours in English (emphasis on creative writing). With five years’ experience as a skills development facilitator, marketing manager and human resources manager in South Africa, as well as a further ten years’ experience working for attorneys at executive level both in South Africa and the United Kingdom, my ability to interact effectively with colleagues, cope well under pressure and retain a sense of humour, stand me in good stead.
- Passionate about reading and writing, and a genuine desire to instil this in the learners I teach.
- Excellent oral and written communication, and able to prioritise my workload and motivate myself.
- Proficient in Prezi, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, GroupWise and others. I aim to use Weebly, Edmodo and other technology to enhance student interaction.
- Effective internal and public relations.
- Awareness of confidentiality and data protection issues.
- Monitoring budgets and compiling reports, marketing plans and calendars.
- Typing +/- 75 wpm and proficient minute taking (shorthand and dictaphone).