I have been working as a writer, both technical and marketing for over 10 years. In addition to my responsibilities as a writer I have:
- Written users manuals and online help from scratch for a variety of high tech industries, in particular telecommunications
- Organized trade shows
- Provided pre and post sales support to customers around the world
- Coordinated work with subcontractors
- Managed the company internet site, and wrote content based on SEO principles
- Translated technical and marketing documents from Hebrew to English
- Worked long hours along side with marketing, sales and engineering staff to get out multiple projects on time and within budget
I have worked both in start ups and large international firms. In the former, I acted as a "one-man show" and in the latter I worked as part of a team of writers.
The skills that I have acquired include being:
- Completely versed in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Visio, CorelDraw, Adobe FrameMaker, Illustrator, RoboHelp and Acrobat, and Macromedia Dreamweaver.
- Knowledgeable in fiber optic networks, IP telephony, RF and Broadband over Ethernet technologies, and network access solutions.
- Experienced in all forms of writing, including technical manuals, grant writing, web content, white papers, case studies, application notes, and email campaigns.
- Trained in Author-it content management systems.
- Experienced in project management systems including SharePoint and Agile.