2007 - Present
Household Manager, Private Residence, Indianapolis, IN
Responsible for 12,000 sf private penthouse residence within luxury hotel, plus oversight of country home.
Household and Property Management:
Manages a staff of 2 housekeepers for the primary residence
Close coordination with corporate personal assistants.
Responsible for all household purchasing including culinary, spirits, wine, floral, etc
Cellar and humidor maintenance
Creating technical and operations manuals for primary residence
Construction and Maintenance Management: Ongoing project supervision for construction and maintenance at primary residence and country home
Special Event Production: Receptions, fundraisers, private parties (up to 6 per month) held within the private residence
- Responsible for event planning, budgeting, and personally accountable for every expenditure
Choreographs and executes intimate salon dinners for up to 10 guests
Extremely vigilant of household silver (counting constantly)
Orchestrates fund-raising events for up to 125 guests
On-going colaboration with committees, event coordinators, catering and talent
Culinary: Prepares breakfast, lunch, light supper on a regular basis. Provides both formal and informal table service. Responsible and accountable for all food purchases
Gentleman's Valet: Responsible for daily care of wardrobe. Provides pack and unpack service. Conducts in-house cleaning and steaming and footwear care Complete maintenance of personal technology (i devices, Kindle, blood pressure/heart monitors/pedometers, watches)
In addition to Household Management duties, serve as Head Butler for the 12 Residence Condominiums within The Conrad Indianapolis.
Oversees all service functions for the 15 exclusive residences, ensuring high service level for two Fortune 500 CEOs and other principals
Maintenance: Colaborates with engineers for maintaining electrical, plumbing, and security systems for individual residences; winterizing and spring opening
Security: Works closely with hotel, corporate and private security to ensure privacy of principals and condominium residences
Management: Supervises butler/concierge and 6 housekeepers for the 15 condominiums.
Creates staff schedules for weekly coverage, special events and travel
Provides training for etiquette, open and close residences, travel preparation and formal table service
2003 - 2007
Lockwood Upholstery, Indianapolis, IN
Relied upon expert knowledge of furniture design, construction and maintenance to provide specialized services for select clientele
- Personally cared for antiques and provided cleaning and reupholstery for fine furniture
Sales and Design Consultant Kittle's Home Design, Indianapolis, IN (Concurrent Position)
Kittle's Home Design is the largest furniture retailer in the area.
- Helped customers with design concepts to match their lifestyle, living space and budgets
- Coordinated efforts with architects, designers, HVAC technicians and landscapers to ensure cohesiveness in projects
- Developed ongoing relationships with a variety of vendors for art, antiques, wall coverings, upholstery, and fabrics
Desi 1998 - 2003
Paul A. Howard, Inc., Indianapolis, IN
Renowned English furniture builder and designer
Worked closely with interior designers, architects and their clients to create custom pieces for retail and wholesale luxury markets
- Managed workroom staff to ensure quality and timely productio
- Conducted vendor negotiations for product pricing, payment terms, credit lines, and delivery deadlines
- Assisted with business management including financial growth reports, budgets, sales forecasting, and cash flow
1995 - 1997
Mira El Sol S. A., Madrid, Spain
Created a Channel Distribution system for 3M Window Film in the retail market.
- Developed business plan, established company, and grew it into a profitable venture
- Conducted business in compliance with all Spanish laws and regulatory concerns
- Responsible for all accounting and management of an emerging company.
- Introduced new product through trade shows, homeowner associations, real estate and retail window sales companies
- Installation Team Lead for new markets to ensure proper production procedures
- Instilled a customer-service based philosophy in all aspects of the business.
- Ongoing negotiations with suppliers and sub-contractors
1990 - 1996
Coordinator/ Professor - Department of Modern Languages
Universidad de Antonio Nebrija, Madrid, Spain
Hired as professor for one of the first private universities in Spain; promoted to manage the modern language department (English, French, Italian, and Spanish).
- Responsible for managing department with a $1.5M operating budget
- Managed 9 professors, including hiring, contract and salary negotiations, disciplinary actions and staff reviews
- Provided mediation for grade dispute hearings
- Coordinated departmental policies, including student evaluations, textbook selections, annual curriculum development, exam approval and scheduling
1981 - 1989
Top O' the Cove, La Jolla CA
Stefano's Ristorante Italiano, San Diego, CA
Fine Dining establishment in La Jolla, featuring Continental and California cuisine. Top O' the Cove achieved a Three Star Michelin rating during dates of service. Guests included Hollywood elite, business leaders and influential members of Mexican society.
- Trained in traditional formal dinner service, table settings, tableside food preparation, and presentation
- Seasoned bartender; received professional spirits training
- Educated in wine appreciation, including food parings, subtlety of character, etiquette, and maintenance of a world-class cellar