Experienced marketing professional with an MBA. Skilled in branding, messaging, product management and licensing, with industry expertise in consumer products. B2B, B2C, agency, corporate and non-profit experience.
May 2007 - Feb 2009
Marketing Catalyst and Team Leader of Marketing Group
- Developed and executed strategic marketing plans for service-oriented business units at Georgia Tech’s Enterprise Innovation Institute, including GT’s Healthcare Process Improvement team.
- Created print and web marketing collateral: brochures, fact sheets, web content, case studies and slide presentations.
- Provided marketing consulting to high tech entrepreneurs with the e2e program.
- Identified new customer sets for each service line and developed relevant messaging and collateral.
- Trained sales force on new messaging, brand consistency and overcoming price objections.
- Conducted client surveys and market research and tracked results of campaigns.
- Established and managed online communities for employees and customers.
- Exceeded or met attendance goals for 47 out of 51 classes or events in 2008.
- 800% increase in client e-newsletter open rates in one year - from 200 to 1,600 readers, as a result of improved content, subscription campaign and implementing best practices.
- 90% reduction in annual printing costs, from $20,000 to $2,000.
- 60% reduction in annual e-mail marketing costs, from $5,000 to $1,500.
- Promoted energy and environmental consulting services.
- Trained staff on technology and social media.
Jul 2006 - Feb 2007
Senior Account Executive
A full-service licensing agency specializing in the development and management of corporate licensing programs for Fortune 100 companies.
- Worked with Tony Roma’s Restaurants®, Pennzoil® and Quaker State® to develop new products.
- Refined existing strategic marketing plan for expanding the Pennzoil brand into automotive accessories.
- Evaluated and recruited manufacturing partners based on product, growth potential and stability.
- Reviewed and improved selling materials, including websites, brochures and slide presentations.
Jun 2005 - Jul 2006
- Directed publicity for Lynn Cullen’s book Moi and Marie Antoinette, including book signings and author appearances. Successful campaign led to signing with a new agent for another book deal.
- Managed the patent application for U.S. patent number 7410103, granted August 2008.
- Designed marketing materials for VMIConsign Solution and SC&H.
- Writing website content and marketing materials for local small businesses.
Jan 2001 - Jun 2005
Marketing Manager of Domestic Licensing
Reported to Vice President, Global Licensing
- Managed day-to-day relationships with 16 licensees and 4 licensors. Product lines included textiles, hospital beds, furniture and juvenile products.
- 54% reduction ofSG&A costs over five years. Responsible for forecast, budget and financial reporting.
- Managed royalty revenues of $6.7MM, based on retail sales of $152MM.
- Created the strategic licensing plan for trademark portfolio including Beautyrest®, Simmons Healthcare® and BackCare Kids®.
- Reviewed and approved all licensed packaging, promotional materials and advertising.
- Analyzed product line performance and promotion effectiveness. Made recommendations to improve product mix, packaging, pricing, sales techniques & promotions.Aligned packaging & marketing materials to new brand identity resulting in an improved retail presence.
- Designed marketing plans for new product launches, including development of trade and consumer ads, PR plans and media communications schedules. Planned & executed tradeshow exhibits.
- Formulated and negotiated business terms, executed contracts, renewals & amendments.
- Worked with legal counsel on substantiation of claims, product approvals, litigation avoidance & infringement matters.
- Designed & conducted focus groups for consumer insights. Developed strategies based on segmentation studies.
- Interviewed by FORTUNE Small Business regarding licensing