Digital Greenhouse Guernsey
The Digital Greenhouse is an innovation project launched by the States of Guernsey to stimulate and develop the digital economy of the Island. I have been involved since the inception of the project, initially taking on a seconded role as the Project Officer at the start of the build development.
My current role as Programme Manager is dual focused on the organisation and delivery of a diverse range of projects delivered through the Digital Greenhouse programme and leading on the communication and marketing activity for the Digital Greenhouse, Startup Hub and Economic Development Smart Guernsey Programmes. In this role I have implemented the use of an Agile project management methodology and the production of regular reports through use of several tools, ensuring strong communication opportunities, working with a team who span a number of physical sites, Government Committee areas and also private organisations.
A core aspect of my current role is to develop and manage our brands, online and offline presence, marketing and communications strategies. I hold a high level of specialised and creative digital skills and am responsible for leading a team of two team members on all creative design, copy-writing and development of digital and print assets. As well as internal and external communications including websites, social media and stakeholder engagement. My focus has been on improving and automating processes, increasing membership numbers, identifying opportunities for growth, all focused on building and developing our strategy to take the programmes forward.
Alongside the programmes and marketing, I am also responsible for the management of the front of house team, Digital Greenhouse premises and programme budget.
- Implemented an Agile and digital-first process for project management at the DGH, making significant productivity and timesaving wins.
- Management of the day to day income and budgetary requirements of the DGH
- Developed the internal CRM system focused on automated onboarding, streamlined the application processes to achieve time saving and financial efficiencies.
- Management of the day to day running of the DGH premises and developing and implementing updates resulting in positive feedback on customer service and an increase in membership.
- Development and management of the Digital Innovators programme working with corporate sponsor and Education.
- Supported on implementing the Smart Guernsey Economic Development programmes, working in partnership with Blenheim Chalcot and their ventures.
- Management of the Digital Internship programme working with Education and local industry.
- Growth of the DGH brand and audience through the development and implementation of the DGH communications strategies. With the use of online, offline and media channels to engage directly with a diverse range of individuals and stakeholders.
- Implemented new data collection and reporting processes providing clear dashboards to be used to report to key stakeholders.
- Developed the DGH and SUH websites to include rich engaging and dynamic content, utilising image, audio and video elements.
- Launched the Digital Greenhouse App linking with local projects to offer a proof of concept testing bed to bring technology into the local communities.
- Digital Content Creation: Project planning and creation of specific pieces of digital work, including joint publications with key stakeholders.
- Instrumental in the Project Management and execution of a number of key events, including:
- Digital Greenhouse quarterly event series including Data Driven Guernsey Week, Health and Wellbeing Week, National Coding Week and Global Entrepreneurship Week growing to each week having over 10 events with average of 250 attendees. As well as leading on implementing the new focus of hybrid events with great adoption of online attendance.
- Future Rewired 2020, our second full day event focused at the local developer community bringing together 60 people with a day schedule including 16 local and off island speakers.
- Digital Ace, which in 2020 saw over 3,000 people attend the event to learn more about online safety from the 25 companies and organisations exhibiting.
- Language Hackathon 2017, our most recent venture which resulted in content to 'normalise' our native language into a gamified beacon app launched through community events.
Additional Projects and Responsibilities
- WebSummit 2019: Was one of three representatives for Digital Guernsey on the public stand for the three day event, project managed the organisation and communications running up to the event.
- Google Education Summit: led on the organisation of networking events, bringing together local activities to showcase the island to visiting attendees. Managing the various social media accounts associated with the event.
- British Irish Council (Digital Inclusion): Led on the development of video content on digital skills, coordinating between Guernsey, Jersey and Isle of Man, collecting rich media from all to create a short video which was aired to Ministers at the 2017 Digital Inclusion Ministerial in the Isle of Man.