Digital Development Officer
Digital Greenhouse Guernsey
My current role is focused upon the development and promotion of both the Digital Greenhouse premises, the wider digital development opportunities and management of the front of house team. I liaise closely with my colleagues in Education, the GTA, GCFE and Industry to create digital artefacts which support the aims of the newly launched Digital Strategic Framework for Guernsey. Managing Digital Greenhouse memberships, I have automated onboarding, streamlined the application processes to achieve time saving and financial efficiencies and have written a number of reviews around improving membership numbers, building and developing strategy to take the project forward.
I produce weekly reports through use of online project management tools, ensuring strong communication opportunities, working with a team who span a number of sites and Committees.
The Digital Greenhouse is an innovation project launched by the States of Guernsey to stimulate and develop the digital economy of the Island. I have been involved since the inception of the project, initially taking on a seconded role as the Project Officer at the start of the build development.
- Developed and run the Digital Seedlings enrichment programme, as part of a cross-committee working project with Education, Sport and Culture
- Launched the Digital Greenhouse App linking with local projects to offer a proof of concept testing bed to bring technology into the local communities.
- Implemented a digital-first process for project management at the DGH, through the use of Trello, making significant productivity and timesaving wins. This process has since been demonstrated to the wider organisation and has been adopted as the tool of choice by the States of Guernsey Transformation Team.
- Growth of project awareness through various online channels including social media channels that are used to engage directly with a diverse range of individuals and stakeholders.
- Developed the DGH website to include rich engaging and dynamic content, utilising image and video elements.
- Digital Content Creation: Project planning and creation of specific pieces of digital work, including joint publications with Education, Sport and Culture.
- The development, implementation and management of a communications plan working across multiple platforms improving engagement.
- Daily troubleshoots and management of the DGH space resulting in positive feedback on customer service.
- Instrumental in the Project Management and execution of a number of key events, including:
- Summer of Innovation 2016, which saw industry and community teams come together to develop solutions solving Guernsey based issues using the latest technology.
- FinTech Hackathon 2016, our first Hackathon bringing together 50 people from various backgrounds and producing great results including children savings apps to pioneering KYC solutions.
- Language Hackathon 2017, our most recent venture which resulted in content to 'normalise' our native language into a gamified beacon app launched through community events.
Additional Projects and Responsibilities
- Digital ACE: Lead on communications and developed of the Digital ACE website.
- Education Summit: led on the organisation of Networking events bringing together local activities to show case the island to visiting attendees. Managing the various social media accounts associated with the event.
- FinVention: lead on social media for the event as well as assisting with the running of schools competition.
- British Irish Council (Digital Inclusion): Led on the development of video content on digital skills, coordinating between Guernsey, Jersey and Isle of Man, collecting rich media from all to create a short video which was aired to Ministers at this years Digital Inclusion Ministerial in Isle of Man.
Project officer Secondment Details
My first role in the Digital Greenhouse project was to focus on getting the project from an idea to a reality. My role focused on gaining publicity, implementing processes and assisting with the creation of the space.
- Process documentation development
- Management of Purchase Orders
- Developing of social media and online presence
- Developing the Digital Greenhouse Space
- Development of the Website