Digital Greenhouse Guernsey
The Digital Greenhouse is an innovation project launched by the States of Guernsey to stimulate and develop the digital economy of the Island. I have been involved since the inception of the project, initially taking on a seconded role as the Project Officer at the start of the build development.
My current role as programme manager is focused on the organisation and delivery of a diverse range of projects delivered through the Digital Greenhouse programme. In this role I have implemented the use of an Agile project management methodology and the production of weekly reports through use of online project management tools, ensuring strong communication opportunities, working with a team who span a number of physical sites, Government Committee areas and also private organisations.
Alongside the programmes, I am also responsible for the management of the front of house team, Digital Greenhouse premises and programme budget. As part of this I have written a number of reviews around improving and automating processes, increasing membership numbers, identifying opportunities for growth, all focused on building and developing our strategy to take the project forward.
I hold a high level of specialised creative digital skills and am responsible for all communications and digital artefacts for the Digital Greenhouse. A core aspect of my current role is to develop and manage our communications strategy, brand and online presence, leading a team of two team members in the creation and delivery of all day to day products.
- Implemented an Agile and digital-first process for project management at the DGH, making significant productivity and timesaving wins.
- Management of the day to day income and budgetary requirements of the DGH
- Developed the internal CRM system focused on automated onboarding, streamlined the application processes to achieve time saving and financial efficiencies.
- Management of the day to day running of the DGH premises and developing and implementing updates resulting in positive feedback on customer service and an increase in membership.
- Developed and run the Digital Seedlings enrichment programme, as part of a cross-committee working project with Education, Sport and Culture.
- Development and management of the Digital Innovators programme working with corporate sponsor and Education.
- Implemented the programme of digital skill development, working in partnership with training providers (including the Guernsey Institute and other educational providers) and with input from representative bodies for local business sectors.
- Management of the Digital Internship programme working with Education and local industry.
- Growth of the DGH brand and audience through the development and implementation of the DGH communications plan. With the use of online and traditional media channels to engage directly with a diverse range of individuals and stakeholders.
- Developed the DGH website to include rich engaging and dynamic content, utilising image and video elements.
- Launched the Digital Greenhouse App linking with local projects to offer a proof of concept testing bed to bring technology into the local communities.
- Digital Content Creation: Project planning and creation of specific pieces of digital work, including joint publications with key stakeholders.
- Instrumental in the Project Management and execution of a number of key events, including:
- Future Rewired 2019, our first full day event focused at the local developer community bringing together 60 people with a day schedule including 16 local and off island speakers.
- Digital Ace, which in 2019 saw over 3,000 people attend the event to learn more about online safety from the 25 companies and organisations exhibiting.
- Language Hackathon 2017, our most recent venture which resulted in content to 'normalise' our native language into a gamified beacon app launched through community events.
- Summer of Innovation 2016, which saw industry and community teams come together to develop solutions solving Guernsey based issues using the latest technology.
- FinTech Hackathon 2016, our first Hackathon bringing together 50 people from various backgrounds and producing great results including children savings apps to pioneering KYC solutions.
Additional Projects and Responsibilities
- WebSummit 2019: Was one of three representatives for Digital Guernsey on the public stand for the three day event, project managed the organisation and communications running up to the event.
- Education Summit: led on the organisation of networking events, bringing together local activities to showcase the island to visiting attendees. Managing the various social media accounts associated with the event.
- FinVention: lead on social media for the event, liaising with key financial services companies, as well as assisting with the running of schools competition.
- British Irish Council (Digital Inclusion): Led on the development of video content on digital skills, coordinating between Guernsey, Jersey and Isle of Man, collecting rich media from all to create a short video which was aired to Ministers at the 2017 Digital Inclusion Ministerial in the Isle of Man.