An expert Qatari National with over 20 years’ experience in Commercial Human Resources,OD Professional, specialized in Qatarisation. Extensive experience in Recruitment, HR Business Support, Policies, Learning & Development, Labour Law, Retention, HR Management, Compensation & Benefits. Transformational leader with a strong presentation style and ease of interaction with individuals at all organizational levels. Experienced decision maker with sound judgment. Track record of progressive responsibilities and promotions. Proficiency in Financial Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with management levels to achieve ambitious goals. Excellent communication skills, including conflict resolution, negotiations and strategic alliances. Building up Human Resources departments in multi-nationals’ corporates.
May 2017Nov 2017
- Lead and facilitate the setting-up the HR function including structuring, staffing and equipping the HR function to meet organization challenges .
- Lead the development and facilitate the approval of the HR policies of the organization ensuring adequate buy-in from all stakeholders at management level.
- Provide professional HR advice and guidance to executive management on people management issues pending the finalization of approved HR polices for the organization.
- Lead and manage a team of over 10 HR staff in providing optimum HR services to over 240 employees, without any HR solution or ERP system.
- Lead the provision of system requirements and business rules for the selection of HR Module as part of an integrated ERP system and participate in the system selection process.
- Facilitate the development of Job descriptions for over 100 unique jobs, ensuring adequate buy-in and approvals at various levels of responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Oversee the development and implementation of performance management system providing policies, tools and techniques for the managing individual employee performance.
- Develop and implement an employee records management system while overseeing the all other back-office administration of HR processes.
- Facilitate employee disciplinary procedures while providing advice to the management team on complex cases as required.
Head of Recruitment & Manpower Planning
Managing the recruitment team during the pre-opening stage and provided leadership to recruiters.Leads and administrative staff on manpower planning and recruitment plans for the organization. Globally source Psychiatrists, Psychotherapists, GPs, Allied Health Professionals, Nurses and all non-Clinical Support functions to be on board prior to opening date. Managed vendor relationships including: online job boards, social media tools and recruiting partners. Preparation of recruitment budget for the financial year. Lead project for design and standardization of job descriptions for all departments. Commissioning Task Force member. Key member in the HR Team managing all recruitment and HR activities during the critical pre-launch phase of Naufar. Worked closely with the Senior Executives and achieved the set targets.
- Member of Naufar launching team, who is currently leading extensive recruitment drives locally and internationally to fill all the required positions, varied between medicals, nurses, and support services roles, by April, 2017; where it is the grand opening of Naufar.
- Advising on the manpower planning to ensure optimal staffing is made.
- Recommending, developing and implementing innovative strategies and plans for recruitment; including planning for worldwide recruitment campaigns and drives.
- Liaising with marketing department for providing media recruitment strategies, such as; social media platforms.
- Advising and guiding concerned managers and clinicians about conducting fair recruitment practices.
- Planning and advising on people development initiatives and programs.
Oct 2014Sep 2016
Senior Manager HR & Recruitment
Strategically led and established the Human Resources department at Hamad International Airport, and successfully implemented the transfer and recruitment plans to the new Airport while reflecting and maintaining the Five Stars Qatar Airways brand image.
- Accountable for the process of developing and integrating new employees, developing & retaining current staff and attracting highly skilled employees to work for Qatar Airways.
- Raised the Qatari national workforce percentage from 1% in 2013 to 16% in 2015 of the overall workforce at Hamad Airport.
- Recruited and filled over 1,000 positions at the airport in 2 years; which included the period of transiting from the Old Doha International Airport to the New Hamad International Airport.
- Designed and enrolled Qatari Nationals in customised development programs, such as; Aviation Diploma in Airport Management provided by IATA and CIPD HR certificates.
- Designed and developed leadership innovative coaching programs, such as; Collaborating with Profano institute, leaders in security and safety trainings, which has targeted senior and key staff.
- In addition, collaborated with Rolls Royce UK to provide leadership coaching programs dedicated to the senior staff at Qatar Airways.
- Established and developed HR policies for QR
- Automated the HR system to reduced paper work.
- Collaborated with QR Management, Ministry of Administration ,Ministry of Finance for budget review of manpower.
- Provide counsel to business leaders to develop training programs.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to assess development needs, performing gap analysis, designing and leading programs .
- Train and coach managers in conducting interviews, performance and job evaluations, disciplinary actions and exit interviews in compliance with company guidelines and policy's.
- Centralized training and manpower budget to insure best result while making the process more aligned to core strategy.
- Mediate, conflict resolution, and leading investigations on employee issues using policies and disciplinary actions.
Sep 2012Sep 2014
In charge of setting up and leading the full the recruitment cycle. One major accomplishment was to set up the recruitment strategic plan in order to hire and transfer staff successfully from Doha Airport to Hamad Airport.
- Oversee the full recruitment Cycle and ensure that the recruitment targets are met by guiding and managing the recruitment team.
- Organizing and planning overseas recruitment drives.
- Managed high volume recruitment of Employees all over the world.
- Build strategic relationships with hiring managers and become a trusted partner of the recruitment process.
- Work closely with Qaterisation Department and provide valuable input on how to attract Qataris into Qatar Airways.
- Coordinate with local Qatar Airways legal advisor for all recruitment/HR related legal issues of the company.
- Manage Recruitment Services strategies to support achievements.
- Manage KPIs and service level agreements to ensure quality and efficiency of 5 stars airline brand on global, regional and local.
- Deliver efficiency gains through business process improvement and integration of other administrative process (e.g. HR admin,).
Nov 2010Sep 2012
Supervisor Talent Sourcing
- Source and screen CVs from all channels, including , Gulf Talent.
- Conduct Competency based interviews and coach line managers.
- Develop and Optimize recruitment process and policies.
- Develop SLA (Service Level Agreement) to serve business in a better frame while enabling the monitoring the recruitment work flow.
- Support recruitment and job fairs by designation the process.
- Support and coaching to junior staff.
- Work as a member of the HR partner program (A pilot program)
- In charge of recruitment during Career Fares .
Oct 1998Oct 2010
Qatar Emiri Airforce
- In charge of the recruitment department and manage a team of 8 employees.
- Carried out the responsibilities of recruitment and selection and acted a learning and development coordinator .
- Managing employees record such as files and certificates.
- Assistant in legal paper tasks.
- Review and amend officer's service Contracts.
- Establish and maintain the recruitment Data Base.
- Participate in Career to attract young Qataris to join the military.
- Leading the administration department .
HR Committee Member
ACI World - Airport Council International
The ACI Human Resources Committee provides a platform where the aviation community can collaborate on strategic initiatives with a goal of optimizing Human Capital.