Dy. Manager-PC&L (Production Control and Logistics)
Delphi Automotive System Ltd
Key Subordinates include - 1 Asst. Manager + 3 Executives with ~ 11 Total Team Members.
Current Job Assignments:
- Experience in different areas of Supply chain viz Material Planning, Production Planning, Procurement, Inventory Control, Warehousing (Receiving Stores &Finish Goods Stores) , Imports, Exports, Logistics etc.
- Managing various aspects of Logistics & Customs: Import, Export, FTP (Foreign Trade Policy), Customs rules & Regulation, Customs Duties – Tariff Classification, Re- Export Procedure, HSS Clearance Process, Procedure of Duty Free Import under EPCG, Advance License..
- Inventory Control & Optimization through Inventory Management tools, Monitoring – ERP / MRP & MPS Run, MPI/API, PFEP, ABC analysis, TLSC – Ideal Inventory calculations, E&O management.
- Roll out of Standard KPI to monitor Inventory Effectively - Inventory $, Days of Inventory, Inventory Turns, Excess & Obsolete Measurements.
- Production Planning Systems implementation like Customer Water Fall charts, Capacity Planning , Prod Plan vs Actual, Schedule attainment, Dispatches Plan vs Actual etc..
- Material Planning business process optimization by Planning Parameters revisions, Effective MRP runs, Follow up with Supplier, Supplier Relationship etc.
- LEAN transformation coordinator for Supply Chain – Responsibility included first Learning the Lean Concepts from Asia Pacific Organization and. Lean concepts related to –
- Warehouse Management/ Material Flow : Manufacturing connection
- Lean Scheduling : Production & Capacity planning (Long term & short term)
- Lean Procurement : Ordering of Raw Material & Inventory Management
- Lean Logistics: Negotiations, Milk Run, MRS and Container Utilization etc….
- Logistics sourcing activities –RFQ Process, negotiating with Freight Forwarder/ Transporters with cost effective transport solutions, finalize the Contracts and Process with Shipping Lines, Transporters, C&F agents, Forwarders and CHA’s and other respective service provider.
- Manage assigned Country Logistics Contracts; develop Strategy, Source capable Service Providers, Manage Contracts as per internal guidelines, Drive Continuous Improvement.
- To control overall Logistics cost @ 4.5% of total sales for Delphi India PBU,s.
- Analyzing of the Premium Freight paid in different lanes by plant & come out with the suggestion to avoid or Minimize Premium freight.
- Taking adequate measures to monitor and analysis the performance of transporters, processing & packaging units pertaining to cost, quality, and delivery norms managing warehouse operations.
- Effective communication to all level of Organization and Regional Leadership. Ensuring optimum inventory levels to achieve maximum cost savings without hampering the production process.
- Liaising with Ministry of Commerce/DGFT Dept. for getting/Renewal of all licenses like IEC / EPCG/ Advance License etc. and also Liaising for fulfillment of EO (Export Obligation) against Advance & EPCG License & Apply for EODC to DFGT after completion of full Import Qty. and Export Obligation.