Level 3 Diploma in Fashion, theatrical and media hair and make-up 2014 – 2015-The study and practical application of different types, techniques and styles of hair and make-up such as fashion, bridal, camouflage, theatrical, body art, airbrushing, special effects etc. Also the study of the colour theory, skin structure, bones and muscle structure. My favourite, was learning special effects make-up, its artists and prosthetics and this is the area I aspire to work within, where I feel my skills lie. My dream is to work within the film and TV industry creating different make-up effects and prosthetic pieces, using techniques such as casting, moulding etc. I would love to work alongside the best artists in the industry, to watch them as they work, gain tips, knowledge and experience and hopefully better my own skills.
- During my time at college I did everything I could to get experience and learn from experts in their field and to put my skills to the test and have worked with the following:
- Completed a short course through Neill Gorton Studios with Stuart Conran, out of the kit SFX.
- Special effects makeup using prosthetics, airbrush and camouflage makeup, face and body art and fantasy hair design.
- Hair and make-up artist for ‘The Nativity Factor’ for ITN Productions
- Hair and make-up artist for the British Film Institute student short film competition.
- Hair and make-up artist on multiple short films for BlueLight Media Productions.
- Hair and make-up artist on a commercial for Hello Hot Tub Rental.
- Hair and make-up artist for the Nottingham Theatre Royal production of ‘Annie.’
- Worked for Bloody Marvellous at UMAexpo 2015.