Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
Portland State University
7 years of increasing responsibility in safety & health consultation. I am passionate about working with businesses to reduce workplace injuries and improve employee health; impacting employee morale, workplace efficiency, and increased profitability.
Over 15 years of customer service. Extensive experience working with a variety of industry types, sizes, and cultures.
Strong conversational Spanish and experience in reviewing translated documents. Culturally sensitive and experienced in providing best practices for increasing trust & communication in a bilingual workforce.
Experienced in payroll, benefits administration, workman's comp, and a variety of other HR-related areas. Certified PHR.
Creative thinker, collaborative worker, problem-solver, organized, thorough, and consciousness employee. Driven learner and interest in "big picture" outcomes for businesses.
Organizational Leadership, Negotiations & Conflict Resolution, Accounting, Economics, Business Law, Servant Leadership, Career Management
•Analyze injury trends, assess exposures and controls, and target policyholders for receipt of occupational safety and health services.
•Determine how to most effectively and efficiently deliver occupational safety and health services to assigned policyholder accounts.
•Visit policyholders to evaluate occupational safety and health processes and exposures using a wide variety of methods and procedures. Consult with policyholders to recommend sound safety management techniques and loss control methods. Establish agreements and action plans.
•Utilize and implement behavior based safety approaches to enhance workplace safety cultures and reduce injuries in the workplace. Develop a wide range of loss control and safety management activities and programs tailored to meet policyholders’ needs and assist them with implementation.
•Monitor and document the progress made by policyholders in controlling losses and communicate updates to appropriate individuals. Compose detailed letters and reports to policyholders to identify problems and solutions, and outline recommendations and action plans.
•Design, deliver, and facilitate occupational safety and health training to customers in a wide variety of industries and work settings.
•Coordinate, confer, and consult with CST, Claims, and Underwriting staff to improve loss ratios and SAIF’s book of business. Provide information and recommendations on the acceptability of new accounts and corrective action required for existing accounts.
• Consult with and assist policyholders via phone or onsite visit. Gather information, determine needs, and conduct a comprehensive evaluation of occupational safety processes and exposures, using a wide variety of methods and procedures.
• Identify, prioritize, and select policyholder work conditions and safety exposures requiring loss control intervention/services. Consult with policyholders to recommend sound safety techniques and loss control methods.
• Use SAIF computer systems, databases, and loss control resources, as well as knowledge gained from training and development opportunities, to analyze, or assist policyholders in analyzing their injury trends; develop, or assist in developing workplace safety programs to prevent injuries at work.
• Collaborate with other departments and consultants needing assistance in development and delivery of Spanish-speaking materials and/or training and presentations.
• Research, update, and implement compliance of changing Federal & State Laws pertaining to employer group plan benefits. Attend related benefits seminars and classes to keep up-to-date on regulations.
• Respond to employee and client questions on benefits eligibility, enrollment changes, National Medical Support Notices, COBRA, and other benefits-related inquiries. Compile and create informational reports and plan summary specifics.
• Work with Payroll/Finance/IT Department to streamline processes related to benefits and payroll administration.
• Issue Medicare Part D Notices and State Continuation/Federal COBRA notices. Determine COBRA subsidy eligibility and administer reduced subsidy premium payments.
• Audit 125 Cafeteria Plans, and 401K plans quarterly and annually to ensure plan compliance, assist clients with annual renewal census information
• Balance/Audit insurance vendor accounts, coordinate monthly premium payments with finance department. Prepare 401K, IRA, 403(B) spreadsheets for payroll submissions.
• Have created and implemented Excel plan information spreadsheets now used by the company for individual customer accounts as reference for backup support.
• Implemented transfer of benefits paperwork to electronic system for secure protection.
• Realized group plan compliance for all client accounts of TNT.
• Assist with completing unemployment and workman’s comp claims inquiries.
• Elected Employee Safety Committee Representative. Quarterly safety meetings, safety inspections, and research related to keeping company OSHA compliant.
• Act as Spanish interpreter & translator for customer service needs
• Assisted with internal employment; application screening, interviewing, hiring and training/overseeing administrative positions.
• Provided administrative support to Director of Human Resources.
• Assisted in Workman’s comp claims and Unemployment claims doing research on claim history/employment history, follow up, preparing for hearings, and translation of Spanish as needed.
• 2 years experience in payroll, assistance with year-end procedures and W2´s
• Reconstructed office filing system of more than 5,000 client and employee.
• Maintained our office and that of clients with OSHA regulated postings annually.
• Assisted owner with monthly 401K reporting and auditing.
• Translated office documents from English to Spanish.
• Familiar with all aspects of office procedures including filing, typing, answering phones, etc.
• Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Outlook, Darwin PEO software, etc.
(out of business)
(out of business)
Safety Management Systems
Assisting in low-income rural schools in Guatemala to improve teaching methods including; learning a foreign language, student interest and engagement, future-forward planning
Translated legal documents in Spanish/English, Assisted with Website development, and editing and proofreading of translated materials for President of professional law firm