Chief Information Officer
Provides executive leadership as head of global IT. Managed technical support staff, budgeting, LAN/WAN design for 4 multi-site locations. In conjunction with senior business leaders, transformed IT into a strategic business partner, turning around IT’s performance and service levels. Responsible for managing vendor relationships, managing office build-out projects, and all technology/video support services for the firm.
- Managed global relationships with vendors and consultants, saving the firm tens of thousands of dollars during multiple global projects. Tracked order status, approved invoices and submitted for payment.
- Managed new office technology build-outs for 2 international locations and 2 U.S. locations.
- Team leader for video teleconferencing project. Developed systems specification documents used during review of Tandberg, Lifesize and Polycom technology. Utilization of HD video and telepresence video technology significantly enhanced the firms ability to conduct high level investment strategy meetings without incurring travel expenses.
- Recruited and hired technical support staff for worldwide locations
- Improved tech support response times to less than 1 hour on average without increasing headcount.
- Chief consultant on technology to the senior staff. Established baseline equipment standards and negotiated favorable pricing from select vendors for equipment and services on a global basis.
- Partnered with other private equity executives to establish a CIO Roundtable. Quarterly meetings and sharing of information enabled member firms to standardize common business practices.
- Hands-on experience with Win Servers, Active Directory, Global Policy, IBM/Lenovo laptops and Dell Desktop systems running XP.
- Certified Xiotech SAN systems engineer.