Technology visionary with over twenty years of hands-on experience in systems integration, network design, technical support, employee development and back office administration.Highly skilled in creating solid IT infrastructures with proven ability to bring the benefits of IT to solve business issues while managing risks and costs. Adept at trouble-shooting, negotiating, crisis management and employee development. Provides direction to senior management on a wide range of topics including; technology, compliance requirements and policy.
Sep 2001 - Jan 2009
Chief Information Officer
Provides executive leadership as head of global IT. Managed technical support staff, budgeting, LAN/WAN design for 4 multi-site locations. In conjunction with senior business leaders, transformed IT into a strategic business partner, turning around IT’s performance and service levels. Responsible for managing vendor relationships, managing office build-out projects, and all technology/video support services for the firm.
- Managed global relationships with vendors and consultants, saving the firm tens of thousands of dollars during multiple global projects. Tracked order status, approved invoices and submitted for payment.
- Managed new office technology build-outs for 2 international locations and 2 U.S. locations.
- Team leader for video teleconferencing project. Developed systems specification documents used during review of Tandberg, Lifesize and Polycom technology. Utilization of HD video and telepresence video technology significantly enhanced the firms ability to conduct high level investment strategy meetings without incurring travel expenses.
- Recruited and hired technical support staff for worldwide locations
- Improved tech support response times to less than 1 hour on average without increasing headcount.
- Chief consultant on technology to the senior staff. Established baseline equipment standards and negotiated favorable pricing from select vendors for equipment and services on a global basis.
- Partnered with other private equity executives to establish a CIO Roundtable. Quarterly meetings and sharing of information enabled member firms to standardize common business practices.
- Hands-on experience with Win Servers, Active Directory, Global Policy, IBM/Lenovo laptops and Dell Desktop systems running XP.
- Certified Xiotech SAN systems engineer.
Feb 2000 - Sep 2001
Provided leadership and direction for managing multiple client relationships.
- Perform network design and setup of new facility for clients. Established and met performance goal of 1 business day for establishing full network services for customers during facilities moves.
- Researched, recommended, and implemented custom enterprise level network anti-virus applications.
- Recommended and implemented high availability solutions for Microsoft Exchange E-Mail platform to ensure this critical application is available 99.9999% at select client locations.
- Installed and configured multi-server backup solution that allows for expansion to include desktop platforms at a later date
- Recommended and implemented remote access for company employees utilizing latest generation security appliance devices.
- Other responsibilities typically included setup of NT/SQL servers, MDF design, wireless network implementation and maintenance, equipment procurement, video conferencing solutions and vendor relations.
- Managed technical staff of 6 highly skilled individuals that provided computer and server support for 5 firms.
- Heavy troubleshooting experience with hardware (IBM/Dell) and Microsoft applications.
- Tracked engineer availability and assigned tasks as necessary. Reviewed all work-orders and approved invoices for A/P.
Jun 1998 - Jun 2000
Director of Store Operations
Managed customer support functions for all hosted e-commerce sites to include; developing operational procedures for the customer service staff, training, team building, and service administration for 30 technical support engineers.
- Developed Return Material Authorization (RMA) program, order fulfillment, vendor relations, and international order processing requirements.
- Managed partial outsource of customer support function with third-party vendor to reduce support costs resulting in a net savings of approx $90k annually.
- Directed the web engineering management staff during development of customer support, financial and traffic reporting tools and utilities.
Sep 1995 - Jul 1998
Various Bay Area Firms
Provided guidance on all aspects of project planning and the scheduling of resources to complete complex projects. Manage department P&L, the on-site deployment of personnel, and employee development.
- Developed standard warranty programs and negotiated maintenance agreements for the company.
- Developed customer specific operations guide’s for clients such as; Wells Fargo Bank, Genentech, and Westin St. Francis.
- Conducted client relationship meetings to discuss and plan major equipment upgrade projects and ways to reduce the impact to the end-user community during project implementation phase.
- Established curriculum for on-going sales team training programs covering all aspects of service delivery and operations.
- Developed standard pricing and contract documents used for clients engagements
Jan 1979 - Jan 1995
Chief, Comm-Computer Operations
Provided leadership and management for the Air Force Electronic Security Command, data processing facility comprising more than 250,000 square feet and 75 direct report employees.
- Developed and maintained operational documentation for Air Intelligence Agency Units concerning Communications Systems, LAN/WAN system requirements, and procedures related to the control, and accountability of material and equipment.
- Director of the Total Quality Management Program; provided briefings and conducted training sessions concerning, employee recognition programs, effective counseling techniques, core/critical process development.
- Established and maintained an automated control system for accountability, and distribution of sensitive documents and computer equipment
- Developed and managed the site security plan and implemented procedures for protecting sensitive information and equipment.
- Directed the implementation and installation of a proprietary Local Area Network and Wide Area Network, consisting of more than 400 desktop systems and 50 servers
Total Quality Management
Certified Systems Engineer
Jan 1980 - Jul 1985
Degree program not yet completed.