Senior Systems Engineer
Capabilities & Accomplishments
Solutions Cloud Team (Research & Development)
- Cloud Computing & Virtualization Services - company-wide experts in use of virtualization and cloud computing.
- Solution & Reservation Management System - business process driven web application for management of solution assets lifecycle. Includes self-service VM image reservation system for cloud image hosting and application access, cloud-based distribution (S3/EC2), and external DMZ access.
- Solution Cloud Knowledge & Information Sharing Portal - develop, maintain, and support internal site used by employees across the globe for day to day operations.
- Cross organizational support for: Worldwide Sales, Corporate & Product Marketing, Product Development, Corporate University & Education Services, Professional Services, Strategic Business Solutions, Product Management, Quality Assurance, Technical Services & Support, Partner & Channel Team.
Systems Engineering & Sales (Sales)
- Support global field Sales organization with innovative end to end solutions utilizing the entire Software AG webMethods product suite.
- Align solutions delivery with global industry solutions team.
- Delivered comprehensive solution hall exhibit/demonstration for Software AG's annual customer conference - Integration World.
- Implemented internal business processes, knowledge portal, and solution center library facilitating the reuse and sharing of demo/solution assets across organizations (sales, professional services, technical services, product development, QA, etc).
- Go-to person to conceptualize and deliver customized product demomations and C-Level presentations to help drive revenue potential and meet quarterly/annual quotas.
- Sales Excellence - Awarded webMethods President's Club 2007
Product Management (Research & Development)
- Managed the product lifecycle and general release of the following enterprise software products: My webMethods Server 6.5.2, webMethods Portal 6.2 through 6.5, PortalMinder 5.5, Netegrity Interaction Server 5.1, DataChannel Server 5.0, DataChannel Server 4.1.2.
- Defined and validated product vision through customer visits, analyst briefings, industry trade shows, and competitive research.
- Generated product development plans, schedules, milestones, and requirements documents.
- Worked with engineering to track development progress against stated milestones, identified and escalated issues as appropriate, coordinated beta and training programs, generate marketing collateral, conduct knowledge transfer sessions and analyst briefings, oversee product test and QA activities, and manage the entire product release cycle.
- Technology assessment and product planning focusing on the integration of emerging Internet standards and technologies in next generation software.
Technology Evangelism (Office of the CTO)
- Contribute to the development of emerging Internet standards and technologies through active participation in open and industry standards organizations such as the W3C (Advisory Committee Representative), OASIS (member representative), UDDI (contributor), ebXML (co-editor and project team lead), and others.
- Explore options for leveraging next generation "web2.0", semantic web, and socially-driven sites and services in the enterprise.
- Promote and present on Internet technologies and enterprise software solutions at industry events, conferences, trade shows, and user groups.
- Author technical articles, whitepapers, presentations, and other technology-centric documents.
- Generate strategic technology assessments and executive level briefs on emerging Internet standards and technologies.
- Conceptualize and oversee the development of proof-of-concept demonstrations and pilot projects that illustrate the application of emerging Internet standards and technologies in new and innovative ways.
2008 - present, Senior Solutions Engineer, Research & Development, Software AG, Inc., Bellevue, WA
Part of 4 person elite team with CEO and Executive Board sanctioned charter to support Global Operations that drive revenue, efficiency, and growth across the entire Software AG ecosystem.
2007 - 2008, Senior Systems Engineer, Sales, Software AG Inc., Bellevue, WA
Promoted in May 2007 to Senior Systems Engineer.
2006 - 2007, Systems Engineer, Sales, webMethods Inc., Bellevue, WA
One of three team members of the "Solution Center", a strategic "SWAT" team responsible for driving sales and supporting the Global Systems Engineering Sales organization in achieving quarterly revenue objectives. Manage and oversee Solution Center Library and Demo center.
2003 - 2006, Senior Product Manager, Product Development, webMethods, Inc., Bellevue, WA
DataChannel Portal technology and development team was acquired by webMethods, Inc. from Netegrity in October 2003. I was the product manager for the portal technology. Composite Application Framework, and Eclipse-based tooling at webMethods.
2001 - 2003, Senior Product Manager, Product Development, Netegrity, Inc., Bellevue, WA
DataChannel was acquired by Netegrity, Inc. in December 2001. My position at Netegrity focused on managing the development and release of the PortalMinder enterprise portal product.
2000 - 2001, Director of E-Business Technologies, 2000 – 2001, DataChannel, Inc., Bellevue, WA
Managed DataChannel's involvement and participation in Internet standards and technology initiatives. Evangelized DataChannel's leadership position in shaping the next generation of Internet standards and technologies.
1998 - 1999, Technology Consultant, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Computing and technology consultant for the UWired Center for Teaching and Learning with Technology at the University of Washington.
1998 - 1999, Program Manager/Web Applications Engineer, Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, WA
Developed and managed the Visual Studio Intranet Portal and related Web Applications to support lead program management during daily bug triage leading to the release of Visual Studio 6.0.
1997 - 1998, Graduate Research Assistant, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Communications liaison and the project manager for Gateway to Educational Materials (GEM) metadata research project.
1997 - 1998, Information Institute, Web Applications Developer, Syracuse, NY
Worked on a team of Web application developers and Webmasters on the AskERIC.org and Consortium on School Networking (cosn.org) web sites.
1996 - 1997, NetValue, Inc., Syracuse, NY, Web Applications Developer, Syracuse, NY
Worked as primary Web applications developer and Webmaster for small startup company.