Financial / Cost Analyst
Alcoa / Howmet Castings
Responsible for operational and accounting functions for a $140 million plant that manufactures aerospace components.
- Increased profit margins from 14% to 19% after implementing cost reduction activities.
- Created electronic versions of hard copy reports increasing convenience, timeliness, and accuracy.
- Saved $265k after launching a Kaizen campaign.
- Timely reporting of cost of sales, inventory, variances, and labor to 15 managers.
- Frequent reconciliations of COS, COGS, alloy, scrap, and outplant to ensure a one day close.
- Partnered with departmental managers to translate floor operations into financial metrics.
- Reduced inventory by 33% and increased throughput after utilizing PVA metric and report.