I like the buzz phrase "capitalism is creative destruction." In other words, capitalism is in a perpetual cycle of destroying old, less-efficient business ideas and replacing them with new, more-efficient ones. I embrace innovative business practices, encourage cross-departmental teams, and thrill at the benefit of creative, collaborative minds shaping business ideas now, and always.
Oct 2010 - Present
GREENDot Commercial Interiors "Office Solutions for a Small Planet".
- Is a sustainable commercial interior dealership. Offering New, Remanufactured, Recycled and Custom furniture, as well as, floor to ceiling commercial interior products. We improve building efficiency, while creating comfort and function in a beautiful space.
- GREENDot brings a broad range of commercial furniture products and services, often reserved for large clients, to small to middle sized businesses.
- Highly skilled procurement and asset managers, critical for generation 2 companies looking for exceptional value.
- We embrace regional economics.
- Value as defined by Quality, Function, and Esthetic.
Oct 2007 - Mar 2009
- As Account Manager working in New Business and Market Development, I've focused on Technology, Education, Finance, and Insurance industries.
- My goal is to help clients optimize commercial interior decision making. Using 360 degree business planning, product life cycle and true value analysis, integrated GREEN or re-cycled solutions, long term planning, and corporate standards programming, to add value to the clients bottom line.
- I'm responsible for the client relationship, business strategy, and execution of go-to-market (GTM) marketing plans.
- Key activities include initiate, establish, and maintain valued clientele, assess and identify relevant dealer products, services or solutions, maintain vender partnerships, establish three-party selling relationships, negotiate and close business.
- Ten years of extensive commercial sales experience. Creative, people-oriented leadership. Possess excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills. Practice superior time management and organizational skills.
Jun 2001 - Sep 2007
- Soup to nuts implementation of a vision. From Process to Sales and Marketing, my strengths surround the challenge of bringing concepts to life.
- Key activities include new business and lead discovery, establish, and maintain valued clientele, assess and identify relevant dealer products, services or solutions, negotiate selling contracts, and close business.
- $1.2 million 2006 annual sales, 12% ahead of 2005.
- 22% gross profit average 2004 - 2007 with very low DSO's.
- 2005 Nationally Recognized commercial project: S&S Cycle, LaCrosse, WI.
- 2006 commercial furniture award at Promega Agora Center triad building project.
Apr 2000 - Apr 2001
Sales and Design
- Working as a flooring consultant to Commercial and Custom Home builders, I became proficient in blueprint take-offs and architectural specifications.
- 500K annual sales goal with a 28% gross profit (highest company wide gp)
- A NBRI recognized customer’s survey produced a 9.7% satisfaction average (1-10 scale)
- Key activities include initiate, establish, and maintain sales, assess, identify, and offer relevant dealer products, services or solutions, negotiate and close business.
- Maintain three party communication between builder, end user, and dealership.
- Customer education
Jan 1992 - Apr 2000
Harris Hardwood Floors
- Responsible for all sales and advertising decisions that produced an average of 25% consecutive profit growth over eight years.
- Introduced GREEN flooring options including re-cycled T&G, re-claimed logs milled for flooring, and super sustainable wood alternatives like bamboo and cork.
- Marketed high end wood floor design including mixed species, inlays (wood, metal, stone), and ornamental design.
- Key activities include day-to-day operation, delegation of labor, schedule, and training, floor specification and master design, budget and equipment acquisition.
Jan 1989 - Jan 1992
- Marketed, Designed, and Built artisan/industrial influenced furniture for commercial clients.
- Through the study of product form, function, and connection between product use, Forward Design' intent was to create and execute design solutions in form, usability, ergonomics, and unique brand development.
- All in-house design and project implementation, 90% in-house construction fulfillment, 10% out-sourced and closely directed industrial fabrication.
- Key activities include initiate and establish clientele, assess need and establish design steps, produce conceptual drawing (hand drawn, CAD, or models if necessary), negotiate proposals, build or supervise production, day-to-day office duties.
1984 - 1986
Manager of Production and Special Markets
Harris Atlantis, LTD
- Harris Atlantis was an OEM manufacturer of computer peripherals, clone systems, and stereo loud speakers for the home consumer electronics market.
- Assisted sales and marketing in support of dealer retail and wholesale channels
- Managed off-site OEM and in-house production, stock inventories, production shipment.
- Worked creatively and effectively with product representatives, store managers, and warehouse to streamline communication, implement problem solving, and improve market share with focused manufacturer outreach.