As Technical Team Lead for the Unified Messaging, eCommerce, VOIP, DNS and Capacity Planning projects for Verizon Data Services, I provide support for establishing and integrating processes, procedures and policy; reviewing technical performance issues, schedules and planning.With more than 20 years of experience in system concept, design, planning, staging, requirements, architecture, performance, development, integration, installation and evaluation, I have developed and implemented operational system and technical documentation, alternatives analysis, risk assessments and mitigation plans and user guides in a management capacity. I provide solid technical leadership and direction in plans and budgeting; automation initiatives and operations on complex system problems, advising and assisting on matters affecting program goals and objectives.I have experience in the management of all phases of work performed in the Information Services Department to include the day-to-day operation of the IT infrastructure including technology execution and maintenance, supervision of IT personnel and IT Contract Staff, and managing the IT budget.
Mar 1998 - Present
Lead Systems Analyst/Systems Architect
Verizon Data Services, LLC
• Build and continue relationships with application teams on all levels, technical and management. Identify peers and schedule meetings to discuss process improvement and improve communications• Enhance monitoring capabilities by updating and standardizing alerts in the command centers • Ensure systems are scaled to support customer, store, and call growth. • Ensure Systems Availability remains above 99.98% for Telecom and 99.92% for Wireless. • Ensure on call support is provided for Telecom and Wireless Solaris Systems and be available for escalation support. • Apply operating system changes with minimal user impact • Support DR Initiatives' for Telecom and Wireless business units. • Providing executive management support with new infrastructure and planning for the various moves/migrations. • Enhance Vendor Management with Sun and Fujitsu by meeting regularly to review upcoming announcements, current offerings, services, issues, etc. • Manage Open Systems Tech Refresh and EOSL initiative (3,400+ servers). • Provide business management concepts to team members on recommendations for storage management tools and tracking the success to Support Storage Technology Refresh initiative. • Provide business management concepts to technicians on recommendations for new technology.
• Provide management support for migration of Application Software deployment function to Portfolio Production Support teams. When applicable maintain software footprint at current levels while supporting business growth and identify opportunities to reduce the software footprint. • Provide business management concepts to technicians on recommendations for management tools and tracking the success.(i.e. ITI, auto discovery, HA products)
Oct 1992 - Nov 1997
Senior Systems & Network Manager
State Center Community College District
• Performed overall project management responsibility for network and PC standardization.• Project Manger/Team Leader for district-wide network upgrade to fiber connectivity.responsible for contracts management for all computer related hardware, software and network components for the multi-campus District.• Suported all production and testing hardware platforms for the District.• Designed, installed, implemented and supported the first District-wide Email using VMS/Multinet software.
• Performed all levels of Helpdesk Support, Network Support and DEC hardware life cycle planning management.• Responsible for system architecture, design, implementation and support activities for a multi-campus community college district including: Capacity Planning, Performance Analysis, Operational Reviews and Procedures, VMScluster/UNIX Systems Management, System & Site Security Analysis and Procedures• Designed, implemented and maintained LAN & WAN technology solution(s) to increase IT service reliability and availability to all remote locations.* Team Leader, mentor and primary contributor in developing system and network solutions throughout the District. Delivered UNIX, VMS and Desktop consulting services and training to district and college staff and faculty.• District representative in city, county and statewide symposiums and state government technology information support groups, including the Welfare to Work Program. Designed and implemented systems for acquisition applications.• Supported 45 production, 10 test and 10 development systems.
Jul 1985 - Oct 1992
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
• Data Chief, Deep Space Network
• Galileo Science Data Team,
• Planetary Data Systems,
• NASA Oceanography Data Systems
• Responsible for primary data retrieval of all deep space probes for NASA and JPL.
• Coordinated operations activities of several academic facilities throughout the world to ensure compliance with mission requirements, assisted scientific community members in integrating data collected into the Planetary data Systems catalog.; designed, installed and suported Mission Support Area for the Galileo Earth-1 flyby. • Assisted in implementation of the PDS catalog.• Assisted in development of prototype database catalog system for international archive of oceanographic data. Coordinated user community access and automated operations procedures as necessary. • Data Chief, Network Data Processing Operations, Deep Space Network - Responsible for realtime operational control of the NDP operations area in support of multi-mission deep space operations. Supervised and trained shift operators.
Havre de Grace Little League: Information Officer & Member of the Board of Directors, 2006-present
Webster Congregational Church (UCC): Deacon, 2008-present
Lions Club: Member since 2009
2008 - 2009
Western Governors University
Certification: Certified Masters of Business Administration (CMBA)