I would like to find a position that I can utilize the knowledge I have gained in Finance through years of work experience and education. I enjoy a position that keeps me challenged and continuously changes.
I am a dedicated worker with a strong work ethic, I strive to always do my best at any position I hold. I make it a point to learn everything the position entails. Once I have a firm grasp on what my duties are, I then find ways to improve the way the position is currently working. In my past experience I have taken a position that was very bogged down streamlined it, created spreadsheets to cut out errors, and put in place procedures to cut down the time it took to close out our months and yrs. Prior to that they would spend one to two days preparing to close out a month. Now we prepare in advance and tract any JE's that need to be corrected once a week instead of waiting till the last day. Working with our software company I help create a spreadsheet system that helps us to verify our monthly payrolls. Prior to the spreadsheets we did them using the previous months report comparing it by hand to the current months payroll. Our largest payroll would take us three days to verify. With the aid of the spreadsheets it now takes us only one day.
I try to always think outside of the box and am always up for a challenge.
Flying, fixed wing and helo, reading, travel, cooking and crafting. I enjoy motorcycling in the mountains or just scooting around town, there is just something very refreshing about about having the wind in your face. Currently I have three rescue dogs, I have also helped place numerous puppies and dogs over the yrs. I have been a committee member my local Relay for Life since 2011.
I'm Lecy, currently studying Business Administration at East Carolina via their online degree program, while working full time. Although I am currently employed in the Finance field I am open to new opportunities, which will allow me to expand my knowledge and grow with the company.
I have strong work ethics, am a quick learner and am always striving to find ways to streamline repetitive duties. At my current position, I am the person they come to to try now software, document the results and create new procedures to follow.
Jul 2008 - Present
Brunswick County Schools, Board Of Education
- Process payroll for more than 2,500 employees
- Reconcile employee deductions for various insurance benefits
- Wrote payroll procedures for processing payroll, taxes and deduction recons
- Provide employee support for pay, insurance, retirement and payouts.
Mar 2007 - Jun 2008
Brunswick County Schools, Board of Education
- Maintain AS400 system for the school county wide
- Input cash receipts
- Reconcile Dental and Vision Insurance recons
- Process State budgets
- Print payroll and accounts payable checks, W2 forms and 1099's
- Wrote procedures for AS400 Operator position
- Implemented monthly and year end processes for payroll, purchasing and accounts payable
- Automated process for printing daily reports
Apr 1999 - Feb 2007
Accounting Tech III
University of North Carolina Wilmington
- Provide accounting and admin support for the Direct/Asst. Comptroller over the Student Account Division
- Assistant Coordinator for Academic Management Services (AMS) Tuition Pay
- Managed all third party invoices and reconciliations for over 20 different student programs
- Managed students account for the entire student body of 14,000 plus students
- Processed student and parent financial aid refunds and any refund for student account activity
- Processed living allowances for Veteran Affair participants and student athletes
- Invoiced and receipted all UNCW's Contracts and Grants