Journeyperson Class 309A-Construction & Maintenance
- Working Foreman of worksites of 30 or more homes.
- Lays out, assembles and installs electrical wiring and related equipment according to the Ontario Electrical and Building Code.
- Repairs, maintains and installs electrical wiring and equipment, such as motors, lighting fixtures and switching and control equipment according to Ontario Electrical Code.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles and installs conduit using a hacksaw, pipe cutters as well as hand and power threaders.
- Completes time sheets, material request forms, estimates and other related documents.
- Conducts preventative maintenance inspections and repairs on outdoor and indoor lighting.
- Positions and installs distribution boards, panels, transformers, switches, lights and junction boxes.
- Pulls wire through conduit and duct banks.
- Connects wiring to circuit breakers, transformer or other components to form complete circuits.
- Tests continuity of circuits to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of all components using standard testing equipment.
- Fault finding, locates and determines reason for electrical failure of equipment malfunctions.