Barg is a serial entrepreneur and technologist with twenty years of commercial software product development experience. He specializes in bringing ideas to commercial marketplace. Barg is actively involved in all projects to provide expert insight and quality oversight. Prior to co-founding Intridea, Barg was the President of Concentric Methods, an Agile Software Development company. Barg is also a founding member of NeoDiagnostix Inc, a biomarker-based cancer diagnostic company. Barg graduated from Cornell University with Masters in Electrical Engineering.
- P/N 5,914,957 - Automatic Node Configuration with Identical Nodes, June 1999.
- P/N 5,854,454 - Message Routing in Controller Area Network, December 1998.
- Agile Project Management – Extreme Programming
- Usability analysis and design
- Website analysis and search engine optimization
- Portal Development
1996 - 1997
Master of Science
Graduated First in class
1990 - 1992
Master of Science
1986 - 1990
Bachelor of Science
Sep 2005 - Mar 2008
Intridea Inc/ Concentric Methods
As an entrepreneur and founder of Intridea, successfully built and operated a web development consulting firm from the ground up.
- As a senior partner, I was involved in all aspects of building large scale enterprise applications for the National Institutes of Health.Used Scrum Project Management to deliver incremental business value every month.Managed customer meeting notes on the wiki, developed the product backlog, planned sprint releases, managed the sprint execution, and demonstrated the applications to stakeholders.Awarded Outstanding Team Award by the acting NIH CIO in December 2006.
- Developed Lab Data Management Software in Ruby On Rails (JazzDx).Was featured in Government Computer News.
- Assessed current web sites effectiveness and developed a Content Management System (CMS) for Macklin Center for Entrepreneurship.
- Designed and hosted several websites for small businesses.
- Presented a workshop titled “Making movies and software at speed of thought” at the Agile 2006 Conference.Will be presenting two workshops for Agile 2007 conference.Actively participated in the Workshop and Experience Report committees.
Feb 2003 - Aug 2005
- In a tight-deadline environment, successfully built and fielded a web-based Protocol Tracking & Management System (PTMS), an application used by the clinical investigators/administrators to automate an antique, paper-intensive protocol review process.
- Designed user interfaces, developed CSS style sheets, and applied consistent “look & feel” to all the web applications.
May 1999 - Feb 2003
Director of Technology
- Successfully deployed key web applications of e.merge Video on Demand System.Responsibilities encompassed interfacing with clients, sales, and marketing; defining use-cases and requirements; estimating development effort; allocating resources; creating and tracking project plans in a rapid application development environment.Reported to Senior VP of Broadband & Professional Services.
- Converted client-server applications to web applications.
May 1992 - May 1999
- Researched new technologies and engineered products for transportation industry.
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dream Weaver
HTML, XHTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, Java Script, Java, Ajax