Inpatient Medical Coder
ARMCO Healthcare Partners/CIOX Health
- Serve as POC for Baystate Inpatient Account
- Create daily start of shift and end of shift reports
- Allocate charts to every coder every day
- Help colleagues with coding issues (assigning correct diagnosis and procedure codes)
- Assist colleagues in interpreting documentation
- Determine steps and action plans to help improve the coding process
- Ensure that additional accounts are prioritized accordingly
- Review and interpret health record documentation to identify pertinent diagnosis and procedures requiring code assignments.
- Translate diagnoses and procedures to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes.
- Demonstrate appropriate utilization of coding software and reference materials.
- Perform inpatient medical coding for medical centers in the United States.
- Code medical records using ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS.
- Query physicians to ensure appropriate documentation for accurate coding.
- Learn quarterly Coding Clinic updates from the American Hospital Association
- Determine correct disposition status for every accont
- Assist new hires in onboarding process as well as in familiarization of the coding programs/system
- Acquire continuing education units
- Retain certifications from both AAPC and AHIMA