Embedded/Enterprise Linux systems architect with 15+ years experience in building innovative consumer electronic products and designing enterprise solutions. Proven ability to quickly learn and integrate new open source technologies and methodologies into complex and evolving distributed systems environments.
Design and development of Linux/Android based handheld devices, tablets, high end surveillance systems, video phones, digital video recorders and thermal cameras based on StrongARM, PXA, OMAP2, OMAP3, Freescale, Davinci & x86 series of processors.
Record number of consumer projects(>200) architected & delivered custom solutions.
Implemented projects for National Aeronautical Limited(NAL), Food Corporation of India (FCI),Bharat Electronics Limited(BEL), Naval Aircraft Servicing Development Organization(NASDO), (C-MMACS), Ministry of Education-Brazil, Wildlife Conservation Society for Intel.
Management and delivery of multimillion dollar projects/products. Architected enterprise cloud solutions on OpenStack, HBase/Hadoop, AWS, EC2, UEC, Virtualization Platforms, Dockers and Clustering.
Hands on expertise on IOT stacks: TinyOS, Contiki, Mantis and FreeOS.
Expertise in deploying e-learning/e-government based setups.
D&D of a web 3.0 semantic content delivery handheld showcased in the Unreasonable Institute.
As a personal initiative trained more than 2000 students on embedded Linux and open source implementations.
Authored keynote articles in I.T magazines and addressed alumni of State and Private Engineering colleges across India. Worked as project mentor at III-B
21 Dec 2015 June 30th 2016
Senior Technical Lead
- Implementation of of code for component validation for Intel's next generation processor
- Build Infrastructure using Yocto and adding custom packages for automated builds.
- Implementing integration of builds with gerrit for automated tests against all builds
- Building u-boot , kernel, Quality of service driver verification along with First boot Test reports
- Adding and packaging with yocto for the new architecture.
- FaceBook Mobile me Platform bringup.
Jan 2012July 2014
Senior Systems Architect
- Bangalore Android Port for the DW Tab including the various HAL middleware requried for the same. Wrote touchscreen abstraction and calib profiles.
- Developed wireless abstraction layer and GPRS connectivity using airtel dongle, trained internal team for Android application development.
- Android Port including board bringup on a i. mx53 based board. Activities included kernel port, android port and various other driver activities targeting android CTS certification.
- MSP430 tinyos port and board bringup based on the same, including a TLV implementation to write to the flash in a robust failsafe manner, IOT profile.
- Design and Development of BEL video recorder which included kernel porting and TVP driver implementation complete stack video recorder application for a use in a thermal camera for use by indian defense.
- TPM(trusted platform module) bootloader development with integration along smartcard, password on poweron and biometric authentication. Implemented IMA(integrity measurement architecture) in bootloader, kernel and user application for managing Keys.
May 2011Dec 2012
Senior Systems Architect
SAI INFOSYSTEMS, BANGALORE
- Senior Systems Architect Heading the systems group, responsible for product design.
- Design and Development of Android based DM368 based high end Video phone.
- Design and development of a conexant chipset based low cost surveillance camera.
- Design and commercialization of a high end surveillance camera based on the DM365.
- Design and development of DM8148 based cloud computing and video phone terminal.
- Architected a cloud solution for large scale deployment in BSNL datacenters targeted at deliverying Iaas, Paas, Saas cloud services to end customers.
- D&D of a 720P video phone for use in HDMI/Component capable televisions. D&D of a DM81XX based digital video recorder.
Sep 2004May 2011
Senior Technical Architect
- Kernel port and android port for omap3 and omap2 based custom hardware.
- Developed a battery monitor driver.
- Developed a PWM driver for backlight intensity control.
- Board bringup and BSP for mobilinux for a omap2430 based custom hardware.
- Deployed an eRCP application OSGi stack including port of the VM.
- Managed project automation of servicingof aircrafts using a publication system. for the Naval Aircraft Servicing and Development Organisation(NASDO). Subsequently successful implementation in progress for Indian Navy.
- Designed Japanese and Portuguese desktops for handheld devices with printing support.
- Designed and deployed mesh wifi based handhelds for use in e- learning.
- Managed technology transfer and builds of 8-node linux clusters with custom backplanes in association with National Aeronautical Limited(NAL) and deployed,
- Added Mobile IP V. 6 on custom handhelds.
- Did Technology Transfer for production of handhelds in Brazil.
- Port of Android to mobilinux based omap board.
- Success Execution of 100 million deal including technical conformance
- Push email solution based on linux for Karnataka Traffic Police personnel.
- Prototype wireless crime recording system for the Corps of Defence
- Ported SUN's J2ME and JamVM virtual machine to handheld platforms.
- Integrated cross platform SDK based on Eclipse and Anjuta.
- Ported 2.6. 8-1 kernel to custom PXA255 based hardware.
- Architected wireless solution to check secure distribution of food grains in for the state of Andra Pradesh, Civil Supplies Corporation.
- Designed a remote management interface for use in VOIP phone.
- Wrote device driver for Samsung based nand device.
- Executed e-book technology transfer of illumination reader for the Summerwood partnership, London
Jan 2002Aug 2004
- Setup and trained faculty for an Embedded Training Institute.
- Deployed Realtime linux on the Light Combat Aircraft(LCA) prototype for use in cockpit display from various sensors and and user interface simulation.
- Ported uClinux on a Freescale Fire Engine M5485. Deployed Embedded Linux on a PowerPC over NFS.
Jan 2001Nov 2001
VANTEL TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED, BANGALORE
- Wrote driver for Motorola chipset modem for use in QNX.
- Implemented Trueffs flash driver for Linux for M-systems DOC
- Developed driver for MIL-STD-1553 in QNX.
- Completed prototype set top box using NEUTRINO on x86 architecture
- Re-wrote existing system admin scripts in Perl, maintained and improved existing shell scripting tools Implemented DMZ and firewalls using different tools.
- Deployed split DNS for DNS Server under fwtk on Origanisations network. Built and configured firewall core boxes and Linux based routers, for packet filter, gateways, mail servers.
- Deployed Linux for embedded applications for products designed on x86 architecture, specifically National semiconductors Geode including custom PCI hardware for interfacing from DiskOnChip from m-systems.
- Maintaned DNS, DHCP, Sendmail, Samba, CVS, Apache, and NFS on RedHat Linux in mid-sized production network. And setup backup plan for the production systems Tested cmu-SNMP for monitoring of mailserver performance and troubleshooting.
COMPUTER PROFESSIONALS UNITED
- Setup Intel servers and workstations, network hardware, and rack- mount storage housings.
- Resolved emerging and pre-existing server problems and instabilities. Tested, evaluated, recommended, and implemented backup software on ten Gateway 2000 machines on UNIX. Developed and maintained cpio backup scripts in Bash Shell using scheduled scripts for individuals and organizations.
- Created and maintained user, ftp and client accounts for all UNIX servers, and supported all workstation and NT Server software and hardware throughout the company. Deployed networks based on peer-to-peer model for organizations.
- Faculty for Government organizations like National Lottery. Courses taught include MS Money, Quicken, MS Access, Ms Visual Basic
Designs and Prototypes