2005 - present
Founder & CEO
Pioneering video search technology company and award-winning web site with world's largest searchable index of video on the internet.
Company and intellectual property is slated for acquisition in Q4 2008.
Founder & CEO
Catalyst, visionary leader and primary contributor responsible for the concept, development, launch and management of proprietary technology and business operations. Develop company strategy, create opportunities, develop action plan and delegate key initiatives to 20 employees and contractors worldwide. Develop the seeds of long term relationships and working partnerships with social media companies to expand usage of technology in industry. Identify and consult large media and cable and satellite companies that may benefit from video technology. Set vision for and lead development of innovative video product portfolio including ClipBlast PlayboxTM. Work with legal team to protect company assets and to execute acquisition. Communicate with investor community regarding progress of company.
- Raised $3M in seed funding over a six-month period from personal network of angel investors due to superior technology concept that improves profitability potential for video on the internet.
- Increased value of product and improved credibility by developing business relationships and negotiating content and technology partnerships with major media and entertainment companies (Fox, ABC, CBS, Hulu etc.,) video platform, and social media companies (KickApps, YouTube, Metacafe, Daily Motion, etc.)
- Led social media strategy and product development of Facebook and Twitter applications.
- Directed the development of highly complex crawling technology that automates the consolidation and indexing of over 10,000 professional video sources, yielding a continuously growing searchable universe video clips with a flux of 1M new videos a day.
- Co-authored multiple process patents, US and international, for web-based video search and distribution technology protecting core value proposition of business: seamless integration of distribution and monetization of video to third party internet properties (filed 2006, patents pending.)
- Drove innovation process for internet’s first universal video player technology - ClipBlast PlayboxTM – enabling multiple parties to earn revenue from premium-priced contextual advertisements.
- Secured a $300K six month pilot contract with a major cable and satellite company to deliver a custom search and discovery internet and set-top box technology solution, solidifying client’s position as most innovative in the industry.
Awards & Recognition
Received "Top Entertainment Website" and "Top Search Website" from the Interactive Media Awards, 2007
2002 - 2005
Digital Media Consultant
RELEVANT LIFE INC.
Sole proprietorship internet and business strategy consulting firm focused on high growth start-up clientele.
Major Client Projects
MedValue Offshore Solutions, Inc., Oak Brook, IL - 2004-2005
Act as interim EVP of Business Development and Marketing for the Inc. 500 company during first year of start-up. Develop and execute brand strategy, internet marketing strategy and tactics, PR initiatives and initial sales cycle. Provide insight and strategic leadership to executive management team.
- Led direct sales efforts and developed customer relationships, delivering full year revenue expectations in first six month period ($550K.)
CinemaNow, Los Angeles, CA - 2003-2005
Hired to increase customer volume for new movies-on-demand subscriptions and increase awareness of the CinemaNow brand. Determine internet marketing strategy to identify target and align marketing tactics to illicit immediate sales.
- Developed and executed the company's first internet marketing plan ($10K/month budget) including SEO, paid search, affiliate marketing and email marketing - resulting in an increase of subscription sign-ups by 45% in first four months alone.
- Created multiple sub-sites and referral sites to generate high placement of organic search results on multiple search engines including Google, designed program to deliver results at 35% under estimated budget.
- Conducted keyword analysis and optimized Pay-Per-Click campaigns on Google, Yahoo, FindWhat - continuous monitoring of performance led to efficiencies and an overall cost reduction of 20% for PPC budget by month six.
Seasilver USA, Carlsbad, CA - 2002-2004
Contractor for consumer packaged goods company ($250M annual revenues) to market and sell liquid nutritional supplements. Design and manage internet marketing strategy and built sales network.
- Delivered $20M in e-commerce sales in first year of involvement, irrespective of the downturn in dotcom profitability, as the leading distributor to focus on the internet as a distribution channel.
- Build a customer network of over 5K retailers and distributors through aggressive prospecting activities and networking at health and wellness trade events.
- Directed and executed development of a multi-tier internet marketing campaign including SEO, PPC, and affiliate marketing program, success of campaign fueled high performing year resulting in company recognition as a top five sales producer for Seasilver in 2004.
1996 - 2001
Internet Strategy Consultant / Business Development Executive
Internet Executive Consultant, Nationwide
Business Development Executive, Los Angeles, CA
Balance two distinct roles in IBM's burgeoning internet services segment, one focused on servicing clients with innovative customized internet strategies, the other focused on building the internal strategy, branding and marketing plan for the IBM Centers for Innovation. Lead internet strategy development for IBM's top global customers by consulting with C-Level executives and management to understand business models and objectives, then shaping internet strategy and tactics to meet goals. Develop internal IBM strategy for brand development to raise customer awareness and increase client list for the IBM Centers for Innovation $200M investment in digital media production studios.
Strategy Consulting Accomplishments
- Led business development and enterprise level internet services strategy for Hertz - new internet initiatives achieved $42M in sales within six months, escalating to $44M per month within five years of implementation.
- Standardized e-business technology across US operations for Toyota to improve sales and marketing efficiency, resulting in over $4M cost savings by utilizing the internet to create a paperless environment and enabling greater sharing of information across functions and regions globally.
- Directed breakthrough project to develop, design and implement the first live leader board on the internet for PGATour.com, which demonstrated the application of real-time transmission of events on the internet and proved consumer appeal of instant accessibility of information with a 25% increase in site traffic.
- Led five-month project with staff of 25 to provide e-commerce capability for CompUSA through an online retail alias including operating plan, design layout, security analysis, brand design and marketing strategy.
- Designed and executed one of the first live-streaming video productions on the internet for The Grammy Awards Ceremony in 1998, pioneering the integration between traditional and digital media.
- Facilitated deployment of web applications for major client, Wyle Communications, by strategically influencing top executives to invest $350K behind newly developed e-business solutions.
Key Business Development Results
- Directed the strategy for expansion of the IBM Interactive design studios from one to 14 locations worldwide based on generated customer demand and reputation for high quality and effective results.
- Led the establishment of the Santa Monica studio (50K square feet, $15M) including choice of location, hiring of employees, and design of innovation center environment.
- Established important supplier relationships with the creative and technical communities in the Los Angeles area, enabling company to secure top talent on demand.
Awards & Recognition
Received "Top IBM Leadership Award" 1998 & 1999
1995 - 1997
Founder & President
Bootstrap start-up that aggregates +700 catalogs for consumer convenience and marketing efficiencies on the internet.Acquired by Freeshop.com, a division of Fingerhut, in 1997
Founder & CEO
All-encompassing role responsible for all elements of company development, growth and operations. Develop database of catalogues with a searchable directory for consumer use. Build sales force to grow catalog pool with a pay-for-placement model. Build email lists with targeted demographics based on analytics of order patterns and preferences. Act as key collaborator between catalogs and retailers to grow B2B and B2C product awareness through the internet.
1993 - 1995
Contracted Content Provider - Insurance
Online marketplace and communication platform (1M subscribers.)
Contracted Content Provider - Insurance
Conceive and develop the first consumer insurance information source online, 'Insurance Online.' Design and pitch a process to help consumers learn about, then apply for insurance policies with many leading carriers. Design and build back-end architecture for software program.
- Gained approval to execute Insurance Online idea through AOL's consumer service.
- Achieved go-to-source status for insurance industry on the internet due to large pool of free insurance information and content.