Sr. Project Controller (Business administrator)
Aramco Overseas Company
Currently leading an EPC project business staff which includes; a cost engineer, an accountant, a scheduler, two document controllers, one IT admin and an HR admin. My responsibility, under the general direction of the Project Manager in assigned division or project, is to control and coordinate a variety of business-related activities, such as contract administration, cost control, project scheduling, estimating, and general administrative services such as human resources, budgets and accountability, management presentations, etc.
( July '15 - Present ) Sr. Project Controller at Project Management Department
My responsibilities vary as to size and type of assigned projects but mainly include:
- Conducting administrative/business-related matters for assigned division or project, as determined by project requirements.
- Directing project control/support activities, such as cost control and scheduling.
- Providing support for assigned project(s) by ensuring coordination with other Saudi Aramco organizations such as PMOD, IT, Transportation, Finance, Industrial Relations, Material Supply, etc.
- Monitoring and controlling contract administration, ensuring that business aspects of contracts are conducted according to good business practices and that Saudi Aramco requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensuring that the division's and Saudi Aramco's reporting and budgeting requirements are maintained, and ensures the smooth flow of documents in and out of the division or project.
- Interacting with unit supervisors and division/department training coordinators on employee development matters.
(Jan '15 - June '15) Finance Leader at Accounting Policies & Systems Department:
- Setting & updating accounting policies & instructions for the company to ensure compliance with the latest international standards (IFRS) across the company.
- Functional review and support of the due diligence process in major financial activities (e.g. M&A, spin-offs).
- Saudi Aramco corporate management guide update team member.
(Sep '13 - Dec '14) JV Manager at Saudi Aramco Joint Venture Support & Financial Consulting Department:
- Financial analysis of joint ventures (JV) performance and provide support to the board of directors on financial decisions concerning the companies' performance and future plans.
- Full accounting & reporting of equity investments in JV's according to IAS28 (Investment in Associates & Joint Ventures) and IFRS 11.
- SAP JV control and reporting - Inter-company profit analysis and support.
- Supported the consolidation of Saudi Aramco's financial statements in accordance with IFRS10 and IFRS11.
- Finance operational excellence leader: responsible for supporting the finance department's transition into a world-class finance organization.