Web Designer / WebmasterOver 12 years of competent experience in the design, delivery and management of effective web sites ranging from corporate intranets, partner extranets, and customer facing internets for a variety of industries. A full range of technical expertise and abilities to introduce newer technologies, like SharePoint, to deliver engaging web experiences with team collaboration. Eager to train users and help drive change that improves corporate performance and reputation.
Apr 2010 - Present
Independent Web Consultant
Design, develop, produce and/or maintain full-featured websites for a wide-variety of small businesses, non-profits and educational clients, mostly on tight budgets and quick time frames. Sites feature Flash animation and photo galleries. Portfolio includes: Landscape Design Architect, St. Maria Goretti Parish (beta), Alum Rock Riding Academy, Info Technology corporate web site, Italian American Heritage Foundation.
Nov 2007 - Feb 2010
Web Designer / Developer
Cross-functional team lead producing highly-effective web solutions for a $1B global semi-conductor manufacturer. Key player in deploying secure, sales extranet designed using SharePoint 2007 that resulted in high quality content and faster deployment of sales and marketing information to a broad network of over 50 distributors. Member of visionary web team, fostering rapid migration and adoption of SharePoint collaboration across the business for use in intranets, extranets and internet sites. Help to incorporate 3rd party web parts, customization of CSS, graphics production and development & delivery of associated training. Teamed with colleagues in Japan and Malaysia.
- SharePoint (MOSS) 2007, SharePoint Designer 2007, Bamboo Solutions/Kwizcom web parts
- Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Flash (swf)/Actionscript, Bricolage content mgmt., Urchin/Google Analytics
Aug 2000 - Jun 2007
Web Designer / Webmaster
webMethods Inc. (Software AG)
Manage the webMethods corporate public facing web site to meet the needs of customers, prospects, investors and partners. Provide internal sales and marketing support through custom sales intranet and other IT/Web Services related portals/projects. Create online forms, landing pages, micro sites, surveys, email campaigns and administer webmaster email. Collaborate with corporate Marketing, Product Marketing, Education Services and 3rd party vendors as needed. Provide support for international marketing organizations, including EMEA and accurate level-of-effort estimates regarding project timelines to ensure customer satisfaction and help maintain realistic expectations.
- webMethods Portal (content management tool), Apache on Unix, Urchin, Eclipse, Ant, Perforce, Secure file transfer tools, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Siebel, MS Office tools, Adobe Acrobat, Flash, WebSurveyor, Livelink
- Perl/CGI scripting, Unix systems, shell scripts
Mar 2000 - Aug 2000
(merged with webMethods 8/2000)
Feb 1991 - Mar 2000
Webmaster, Web Editor, Marketing Content Manager, Account Rep
Responsible for day to day system administration/operations of Sun Sparc web servers and internal NT staging server. Publish all content to web and intraweb sites as requested for multiple departments of world wide technology manufacturer. QA and maintenance of complete web production process..
- Served all content provided by various functional groups.
- Processed all server logs and reports; manage archives.
- Primary technical contact for web servers 7x24 with ISP
- Special projects as required. (Y2K compliance, server migrations, CD-ROM production)
Web Editor, Marketing Content Manager 1998-1999
Marketing Communications Information manager for all web content related to commercial and consumer systems groups. Also support specific business channel groups on project basis, including Canadian operations, Education, Government and special projects as needed.
- Integrated content from multiple sources and coded HTML across multiple client projects.
- Built pages for client projects to meet scheduled delivery points.
- Communicated project progress to team members / Host weekly status meetings.
- Adhered to production specifications for HTML implementation.
- Consistent demonstration of diplomacy, problem solving and decisiveness.
- Web based forms and database applications.
- Processed/maintained all Webmaster Email correspondence for Acer America.
Account Representative 1993-1998
Credit & Collections Specialist 1991-1993
California Department of Real Estate
Licensed California Real Estate agent since 1988
1982 - 1984
Minor in Business Administration
Internet Proficiency Program, SJSU Continuing Education (1995 - 1997)
Custom built web front end for the OpenText product, Livelink. SalesWeb provided the sales force with a one stop portal for all product and industry information, collateral, presentations and operational guidelines.
The old Spansion intranet was a static html site.
The Spansion Intranet is now migrated to Sharepoint (12/2008). The home page is designed to show content that bubbles-up from various department sub-sites. Each department can update and maintain their own sites.