Staff Engineer Maintenance
AMMONIA PLANT BMR Major Activities-(2006-2007)
As Project in-charge for the revamp activities; supervised, facilitated & structured the following major activities;
• Revamp of FWEL designed Primary Steam Reformer. Including replacement of old tube with new 432 micro-alloy Cat tubes in radiant chambers & replacement of complete bank of convection section heat recovery coils/fin tubes of process steam, natural gas, power steam & air-pre heat circuits.
• Replaced 02 M/s Borsig designed Waste Heat Boilers (60 tons each)
• Installation of new M/s TOPSOE designed S-200 Ammonia Converter Basket.
• Assistance in erection/Installation Natural Gas Booster Compressor its allied equipment and piping.
• Secondary Reformer Refractory replacement & installation of new M/s Johnson Methay designed high intensity Reformer Burner.
• Replacement of sieve tray system of Benfield Towers to packed Bed System, designed by M/s KOCH Glitsch Italia,
• Installation of M/s Air Product USA, designed Hydrogen Recovery Unit.
• Replacement of miscellaneous knockout vessels & exchangers
GENERAL MAINTENANCE ACTIVITES
Ammonia Plant (Year 2003 – 2007)
As Staff Engineer / Section Manager major responsibilities included planning, resourcing and managing of routine & shutdown activities including.
• Heat exchanger maintenance jobs
• Centrifugal pumps & auxiliary turbines.
• Vessels, HRSG, de-aerators, storage tanks, piping circuits & allied supports.
• Fabrication, installation & commissioning of small project packages like desulphurization unit & rundown tanks at compressors at ammonia plant.
Apart from above direct involvement responsible for;
• Budgeting & ordering of maintenance spares for routine & annual shutdowns.
• Project planning & tender documents preparation for general plant modifications.
• Maintenance package reviews, material identification & their reservation for shutdown jobs.
• Spare parts ordering, follow-up and continuous monitoring of critical spares.