Machinery Engineer Co-op
Syncrude Canada Ltd.
- Worked on an Equipment Reliability team, completing many tasks to ensure equipment was being run in the most efficient manner
- Assisted in the completion of Equipment Strategies for Tumblers and Dredge pumps to ensure equipment would run with no failure with minimum cost and maximum production
- Created a program on excel using VBA and Macros to plot head ratios of recycle water pumps to track their efficiency.
- Wrote up inspection reports on unexpected failures and shutdowns on Slurry Pumps
- Created Engineering packages to fix the structure of the extraction plant such as the replacing of rusted beams on a conveyer train
- Restructured the Alfa Laval Centrifuge Bill of Materials on the SAP system by updating modified parts, requesting deletion of old parts and adding in new parts.
- Drew sketches which were included in the engineering packages to help planners visualize the purpose of engineering package
- Reviewed Engineering drawings that were a part of a lengthy Engineering package to ensure there were no mistakes in the drawings
- Went out on multiple site visits to the primary extraction plant, Froth treatment plant and Mullen Dredges to view equipment I was working on and take nameplate information from certain pieces of equipment.