- Valrico US-FL
- [email protected]
Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), ITIL v3 Foundation, and Six Sigma Black Belt, who has used, implemented, and assessed Software CMM and CMMI. Background is in project/program/portfolio management, IT, operations, and process improvement with associative disciplines such as quality, metrics, training, and facilitation. U.S. Air Force for 12 years. Also worked for RCA, TYBRIN (defense contracting), Certegy/FIS (financial processing), Sage Software (retail software), Tampa General Hospital (healthcare), HealthPlan Services (health plans), Community Healthcare Solutions (health plans), CareCentrix (health plans), and Insurance Administrative Solutions (health plans). Military Veteran and Eagle Scout.
Seeking leadership position (VP/Director) in Tampa/St Petersburg/Lakeland/ Kissimmee/Bradenton area where I can use my 20+ years' experience in project/program/portfolio management, process improvement, operations, metrics, training, and team building to make an organization more effective and efficient.
* Project/Program/Portfolio Management * Six Sigma/Business Process Improvement
* CMMI Assessment/Implementation * Cross-Functional, Global Team Leadership
* Metrics Definition & Analysis * SDLC & Agile Methodologies
* Strategic/Tactical Planning * Quality Assurance Testing and Management
* Training Programs * Customer Implementations and Migrations
* Change and Release Management * Governance
Led enterprise, international, and cross-functional projects including vendor selection and implementation for payroll processing, ecommerce fraud tools, call centers, and warehouses. Managed process improvements for contact centers, Supply Chain, product labeling, pricing process, SharePoint workflow, and data import and analysis efforts. Coordinated implementations with Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Supply Chain, Finance, IT, Release Management, DevOps, and Executive Management.
Directed and performed project management, business analysis, and quality assurance teams and activities (PMO) in support of all business areas, IT work, customer implementations, offshore teams, and internal projects.
* Formed and led team in Agile effort to develop, test, train, and implement automated workflow distribution tool (AWD) covering over 99% of operational processes across company in less than 2 years.
* Managed or co-managed customer implementations, migrations, and Windows/Database server upgrades.
* Re-implemented Paylocity time reporting tool with new structure and reporting to support job allocation and capitalized labor as well as decrease manual tasks and increase reporting to Finance.
* Key member of strategic planning and marketing teams, led Director status report reviews, facilitated Tech Roadmap planning and execution, hosted Program Charter reviews, presented metrics program definition.
* Developed and implemented project intake governance process, portfolio management status, change management, and hosted Change Advisory Board for release management of Production deployments.
* Led implementation and adoption of Zephyr test tool and the creation of over 2,000 reusable test cases.
* Implemented, trained, and administered JIRA to better manage progress, status, prioritization, and planning of all work coming into the IT department with Agile Scrum, Kanban boards, and backlogs.
Directed process improvement and project methodology activities in support of 19 program managers and senior management team of 220-person IT department.
Led 5 Project Managers in the planning and implementation of 9 functional areas for 2 state implementations which included new systems, conversion to a Managed Care Organization (MCO), and the start up of a Consumer Oriented & Operated Plan (CO-OP).
Recruited, oriented, and mentored members of 19-person PMO. Provided tool, time, and project administration for all projects requested of 320-person IT department to include resource manager meetings for initial estimates and release planning.
* Hosted weekly project review board to update status, escalate issues, and identify process improvements.
* Developed model for IT resource management to provide monthly supply and demand forecasts.
* Initiated New Hire training for the IT department, developed SharePoint project site templates and guidelines, and baselined project methodology including templates, samples, and processes.
* Created KPI program for executives. Provided weekly collection, analysis, and reporting.
* Cut run rate for discretionary Expense NonBillable projects by 50% by forming a cross-functional senior management board to manage priorities, forecast efforts, and control expenditures to a monthly baseline.
Managed 10 FTE and up to 4 Contract Project Managers in support of medium to large projects across the IT Department as well as the $120M Electronic Medical Records (EMR) project.
* Developed and managed new processes for Vendor Management, Project Governance, Project Portfolio Management, Onboarding, and IT Performance Management with metrics.
* Reported status to Epic Senior Management Committee, coached staff, led cutover schedule for Epic.
* Implemented time reporting tool allowing executives to better forecast and manage supply and demand.
* Estimated all new IT requests, hosted IT Manager meetings to address trend issues, and coordinated the Application Decommission Group to manage data, security, and dual operations for replaced systems.
* Piloted the implementation of SharePoint 2010 and facilitated hospital improvement efforts.
As officer of Tampa Bay MPUG, advertise and host events, advocate project management practices, and support community of MS Project users.
Established Program Management Office (PMO) to enable the rock-solid delivery and launch of all projects on-time, on-budget, with the agreed upon scope and quality. Managed all software projects from Kick Off to Certification. Led all business process initiatives to successful implementation. Provided clear and timely communication of project status and key metrics to all stakeholders.
* Defined and implemented PMO with light-weight infrastructure for Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile to include templates, process roadmaps, project plans, and project data repositories.
* Brought in Agile training, led Sprints, and led 1 year effort with BAs to generate 750 use cases for new product.
* Managed a cross-functional portfolio of over 80 software release, business, and process improvement projects resulting in less than 3% variance of effort hours and schedule days from baseline for software releases.
* Invited to facilitate customer reviews, planning, requirements, business process, Retrospectives, and Root Cause Analysis for local and international teams such as QA, Marketing, Sales, and Product Management.
* Instituted Program Reviews and weekly Master Schedule so that senior management could be kept appraised of product roadmaps, risk and issue trends, resource contentions, and schedule status.
* Conducted internal training for Project Management principles and MS Project, managed training on Requirements. Earned 94% satisfaction rating as a training instructor, 97% overall for PMO services.
Directed process, quality assurance, configuration management, training, testing and metrics spanning a 200-member international IT Department and 1,300 end-users. Managed and mentored a team of 7 and hired additional resources as needed for major process improvement initiatives. Controlled an $800K personnel, software maintenance and consulting budget. Facilitated meetings between technical personnel, business analysts, business leaders and IT management.
* Within one year and during a period of 25% IT department growth, led 13 work groups in upgrading software development and maintenance processes from CMM Level 2 to Level 3, meeting time and budget constraints. Solicited bids for consultant and lead assessor, facilitated gap analysis, developed project plan, trained assessment team, and deployed a tracking tool that reduced production defects by 60.6% and increased on-time delivery rate by 20.4%.
* Spearheaded implementation and data migration from homegrown system to Artemis project management tool and Web-based reporting environment. Trained entire department in 3 levels of project management tools, standardizing scheduling, reporting and metrics.
* Prepared business case and ran proof of concept to implement Compuware test tools for unit, functional/regression and load testing. Increased control over QA test environment, captured defects before deployment, and sufficiently handled a 300% increase in transaction volumes.
* Enhanced performance and visibility of remote teams in Tuscaloosa and UK by instituting processes, training, metrics and SCM. Efforts decreased backlog of production defects by 12% and led to CMM Level 2 attainment.
* Initiated a formal training program encompassing budget, strategic planning, quality, training materials, surveys, metrics and reports. Addressed skill gaps and assigned SMEs to provide mentoring, leading to 19 PMP certifications.
* Coordinated Sarbanes-Oxley and SAS 70 audits.
Charged with leading a 900-member company in transition from SW-CMM Level 3 to CMMI.Established and coordinated 35 project teams and forums across 8 sites and 4 time zones.Facilitated 16 workgroups to address gaps in major process areas.Supervised 3 direct reports, 12 indirects and a $400K budget.
·Formed an engineering process group, developed a PMO, reinstituted metrics, deployed measurement tool and repository, and revised all training materials.
·Developed new auditing methodology and trained PMO to coach, train and audit 35 project teams during time of 50% growth in personnel and locations.
·Selected Lead Assessor for CMMI appraisal and upgraded processes to CMMI Maturity Level 4.
Data Warehouse Senior Project Management Officer (2000-2001)
Met challenge of leading a 65-person team on a $250K consulting project to develop an initial data warehouse methodology supporting 75,000 users. Coordinated input by team members and management, provided quality acceptance of each deliverable, and trained the local and international data warehousing teams in its use.
* Developed assessment methodology later adopted by Program Office for use on all projects. Data warehousing methodology resulted in improved schedules, user acceptance tests, product quality and overall customer satisfaction. Project success led to data warehousing standardization across European locations and initiation of a similar effort for supply chain management.
* Enhanced project scheduling by leading deployment of PlanView and assisting in deployment of Niku (Clarity).
Project Manager, Software Engineering, Project Office (1998-2000)
Launched international Project Management Office (PMO) with Primavera and established metrics, life cycle methodologies, standards, tools, reports and forums.
* Formed Project Management Forum and Software Engineering Process Group with representatives across the department to prioritize improvement efforts. Developed lifecycle methodology and built a library of plans, forms and templates for project use. Coached IT organizations in France and Mexico.
* Inventoried departmental training needs and secured approval from senior management for funding of on-site instruction in project management, quality, CM, systems thinking and requirements development.
* Increased use of Primavera tool 50%, by working closely with teams to develop standard work breakdown structure, templates and training guides.
* Facilitated business and contingency planning across all corporate functions, established global Y2K command center.
* Awarded by peers for initiating and editing departmental newsletter.
Chief, Information Processing Management System Branch (1996 – 1998)
Managed systems development, help desk, and QA team, encompassing a $3.1MM budget, 350 global sites and a staff of 27 military, civilian and contract personnel. Reengineered system to RDBMS and Web using Agile. Earned #1 ranking from process assurance audit out of 150 systems, reduced annual help desk calls by 15%, and migrated software at 350 sites while reducing operational costs.
Chief, Open Systems Technology Evaluation (1995 – 1996)
Oversaw 8 military personnel in unit of 600 serving as the central software design center for a 450,000-member organization. Led team in software installations and system administration supporting 48 sites. Maintained 2 Websites and 5 information systems. Controlled annual budget of $400K. Core member on 2 assessment teams for Software CMM Levels 2 and 3
Missile Warning Systems Support Manager, Missing Warning Quality Control Software Analyst, Personnel Manager (1986 – 1995)
Directed 27 operators and managed 4 nuclear command center environments. Authored comprehensive computer operations policies and procedures, increasing reliability by 50%. Developed software in multiple languages, performed as System Administrator, and oversaw Data Center operations. Developed tracking database used for releasing planning. Performed personnel functions for 1,100 members and supported Commander. Honored as leader of only Outstanding Unit in inspection of 17 organizations. Selected for management over 93% of peers; top 10% for early promotion.
- Western Florida International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), Panel Member, 2015
- Western Florida International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), Speaker, 2015
- Microsoft Project Users Group, Communication and Technical Advocate, 2009-2012
- Suncoast PMI chapter, Speaker 2010
- "Risk as a Barking Dog" article in ISSIG Review, 2009 Vol. XIII No. 1
- Software Engineering Institute, Speaker at 2003 & 2006 SEPG Conferences
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Section 1508, Speaker 2004 and 2008
- Project Management Institute (PMI), PMP since 1999