Client: Instructional Systems Technology Department, IU School of Education
Evaluate and consult with department personnel on information architecture and visual design of new Web site for the Department of Instructional Systems Technology. Implement revisions.
Aug 2007 - Dec 2007
Instructional Designer and Consultant
Client: Southern Arizona Transportation Museum
Design an instructional unit on transportation history in Southern Arizona for grades 3-5.Consult on determining appropriate learning objectives, lesson structure, activities, and assessments.
May 2002 - May 2007
Design and code Web sites. Storyboard, animate, and program interactive multimedia presentations. Design print media including postcards, stationery, and advertisements.
Nov 1999 - May 2002
Karen Piovaty Design
Design and produce advertisements, stationery, brochures, newsletters, and Web sites.
Instructional designer and Web professional seeks opportunity in higher education.
Visit my Web portfolio at www.avisualmind.com.
- Thorough knowledge of learning and instructional theories
- Proficiency in the phases of instructional design, according to established ID models
- Familiarity with characteristics of adult learners
- Experienced in designing criterion-based assessment
- Accustomed to working on multiple projects with fixed deadlines
- Skilled in written and oral communication
Instructional Systems Technology AV Memorial Fellowship, Indiana University, 2008Nomination to Pi Lambda Theta, 2006Bachelor of Art, Studio Art, Magna Cum Laude, 2001Member, Golden Key International Honour Society