Partner \ Team Lead \ Senior iOS Developer
Small b2g\b2b startup with good financing aiming to deliver scalable IM system for government and big companies. My responsibilities were to participate in hiring people\technical interviewing, establishing team workflow, working on ios application.
iOS Tech walkthrough
- Legacy Obj-C iOS app with zero tests and poor architecture as a starting point.
- Urge to deliver app release ASAP
- New functionality is being built while refreshing and refactoring existed architecture
- Unidirectional data flow for event bus built on top of RAC signals turned out to be very easy and solid approach to fix the basics.
- RAC signals everywhere - from networking upto ui notifications.
- AsyncDisplayKit proved to be both excellent on performance (stable 60 fps on low-end phones) and very convenient layouting engine.
- Deployment conveyor built with fastlane\slack notifications\youtrack integrations\full unit-testing on every beta build/auto-generated release notes
- Unit-test everything, integration testing to seal the deal