Backend Scala Engineer
Seattle based remote-first company focused to bring flexible and highly scalable e-commerce platform to the market. Having microservice based backend architecture with over 20 agents covering different aspects made it possible to build very reliable and fail-proof system. Backend tech stack was built on top of FP-loaded Scala codebase, with ElasticSearch, Kafka, PostgreSQL\Flyway.
Things I've been working on
- Payment's return implementation that relies on StripeAPI
- Backend service implementation for Stripe's ApplePay APIs that included refurnishing and adopting this type of payment for existing checkout life-cycle.
- Flyway per-migration testing to validate data migrations in CI stage
- Building and strengthening Integration Tests infrastructure
- Actively participating in a peer's PR review process on the github
- Participating in ElacticSearch proxy service implementation with custom json-based DSL
- Working on bugfixes and other stuff in order to bring more stability to the backend