May 2009 - June 2009 Financial Services Associate Verizon Wireless Corporate, Seattle, WA.
• Was one of twenty individuals offered a position out of an applicant pool of over 300 candidates.
• Successfully completed Verizon Wireless' month long training on Call Sequencing, call resolution, call control, de-escalation techniques, and a variety of other call-center metrics.
• Two weeks out of training, successfully collected over $60,000 in delinquent payments utilizing persuasive, phone-based negotiation techniques.
• Balanced company priorities ad superior customer-service skills to retain customers and drive revenue.
September 2008- January 2009 Peer Adviser University of Washington, Seattle WA.• Worked with Undergraduate students answering questions regarding major requirements, degree audits, class selection and graduation planning.• Set up the Anthropology department’s “mailman” server list that facilitated departmental communications and automated contacts to over 300 students. • Organized a number of confidential files and assisted the Director of Student Services in producing statistical reports on major declarations, graduation rates and those students receiving financial assistance.• I served in this position as part of the University of Washington’s work-study program.October 2007 – September 2008 Barista Starbucks Inc. Seattle, WA.• Prepared a variety of company drinks in an accurate and timely manner. • Worked with my fellow partners to drive new promotions and products.• Received excellent reviews and feedback from the store's management team. • Perfect attendance record and was praised for my reliability and work ethic. • Fostered positive relationships with both partners and customers alike.
• Espoused the Starbucks Mission Statement, "lived" the brand and took accountability for Starbucks' success.
I took this position while a full-time student at the University of Washington.