Technical management position requiring engineering and business knowledge.
Jun 2006 - Present
Freelance business man specialized in development and implementation of all aspects of technical product business plans, from technology or supplier development, through supply chain, to marketing and sales to final customers.
·Full implementation of Business Plan to sell Triangle heavy duty truck radials in Colombia.Developed and implemented business plan from buying in China factory to selling to end users in Colombia.Presently selling 120 tires per month.
·Acquisition study to buy coal mine in Colombia, work included auditing mine management team, reserve confirmation, international marketing prospects and mine to port logistics.Work requested by US, Houston based private equity group.
·Consulting agreement directed to modify heavy duty equipment marketing and purchasing strategy for Intermet Corporation, global high volume foundry.Work requested by Q Investments, Intermet’s majority shareholder.
·Global opportunity assessment for Maquinaria Montana – Presently implementing recommendation to offer assemblies to agricultural and heavy duty trailer equipment manufacturers is US and Canada.Market potential $360,000.
Jun 2004 - Apr 2006
Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager for cast iron and aluminum components; responsible for 30 million dollar portfolio including purchasing strategy for critical engine components.
· Developed and implemented strategy to source critical engine components to China, realized annual savings of 2.8 million per year.
· First purchasing manager to make North America supply base establish purchasing resources in low cost countries, China, India and Latin America; project realized $700,000 annual savings.
· Capacity, delivery and supply chain responsibility for 650 components delivered to six global facilities in Asia, Europe, North and South America.
· Implemented Vendor Managed Inventory policy for new overseas vendors realizing $190,000 annual savings.
· Project leader that moved low volume flywheel housing manufacturing to Brazil realizing savings of $360,000.
Jun 2003 - Aug 2003
MBA Marketing Intern
Created marketing plan for two new products, designed and executed promotion campaign, identified competitors and validated pricing policy.Market Potential of $300,000 identified.
Aug 1999 - Jun 2002
Managed team of professional engineering consultants and contractors responsible for designing and building one new plant, overhauling four production lines for dry mix concrete and optimizing raw material and finished product supply chain systems for six plants.Environmental manager for 14 plants in 12 states.
· New dry mix concrete plant has equivalent hourly production as predecessor, operates with half the labor and cost 40% less to build.
· Production line upgrades resulted in 33% labor cost reduction, 29% production increase and 20% return on investment.
· Realized improvements in driveway sealer production plants that led to 40% productivity increase.
· Managed consultants and worked with state environmental agencies to update and obtain all emission permits for 14 company facilities in 12 different states.
· Participated in multiple company campaigns to prevent plants from becoming unionized.
Aug 1996 - Dec 1997
Project Manager - Ozone Unit
United Nations Development Program
Second in command of a project that targeted ozone layer polluting industries, HVAC and polyurethane, and secured UN funding for building greener manufacturing facilities.
· Implemented largest ozone pollutant recovery and recycling program in Latin America requiring design of supply chain system to recycle pollutants from 350 different locations in 10 cities.
· Executed overhaul of six refrigerated appliance production lines; and five polyurethane injection facilities.
· Directed efforts of the Environment Ministry that led to the enactment of the Ozone Layer Protection laws in Colombia.
Jun 1995 - Jul 1996
Mud Motor Supervisor
Sperry Sun Drilling Services
Managed oil exploration motor rebuilding operation.
·Led motor assembly quality improvement efforts that resulted in successful bid for $6 million drilling contract with British Petroleum.
·Optimized inventory management system resulting in $250,000 (40%) reduction of net inventory.
Aug 2002 - May 2004
MBA Masters in Business Administration
Supply Chain and Entrepreneurship Concentrations
Jan 1998 - May 1999
Master of Science Engineering Management
Project Management Concentration