I am a financial professional with over 5 years of investment research with boutique and top companies across different financial sectors such as: hedge fund service providers, global data providers, boutique research & alternative investment firms. I have wide range of investment product knowledge from Equity to Alternative Investments. I have strong technical skills with experience with SunGard, Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Reuters and various proprietary trading systems. At Beyond Capital, my focus was primarily analyzing in-depth quantitative and qualitative funds encompassing market insight and performance metrics in Energy, Commodities, Alternative Mutual Funds and Hedge Funds. Furthermore, At Alphaserve, I was primarily involved providing research content, technical white papers, managing client relationship and providing our clients using Analytical platform for the client technology management needs. At Bloomberg, I worked at the Capital Structure in the Fixed Income group where my role was mainly researching Russell 2000 Small Caps companies and analyzing mainly the short-term and long debt and analyzing the 10Q and 10K financial statement. My future goals are to complete CAIA, and actively look for full-time/consulting position that will leverage my diverse background the investment research experience. .
- Extensive experience in Bloomberg, Reuters, Capital IQ, Advance in Excel and Financial Modeling
Oct 2011 - Nov 2012
Beyond Capital Markets
Economic Research Analyst
Boutique Alternative Investment Research Firm
- Analyze in depth quantitative and qualitative funds encompassing market insights, and performance metrics in the following sectors: Energy, Commodities, and alternative Mutual Funds and Hedge Funds.
- Provide competitive macroeconomic and fund performance reporting in a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to the fund managers through monitoring features and benefits of alternative investment funds and trends for clients.
- Conduct due diligence interview process via telephone or on-site meetings with firm executives & portfolio managers and discuss the benefits of providing them with the best possible research technology and reporting.
- Support MAAP reporting software that enable interfacing w/research, management, and our research partners.
- Personalize web-based educational portal and knowledge to educate investors in the alternative products such as: Commodity , Energy Funds, Hedge Fund Strategies, and Alternative Mutual Funds to recommend the appropriate fund to achieve portfolio diversification and positive returns.
Oct 2010 - May 2011
Global provider of IT services to the Alternative Investment Industry
Research Analyst, Hedge Fund
- Analyzed hedge fund databases to locate top fund managers with AUM above €1billion in the Tri-State area.
- Delivered strategy presentations on future trends in hedge funds and other alternatives to board members and senior managers i.e. performance data, fee structuring, global macro, long/short, and emerging markets.
- Provided detailed research contents, technical white paper research reports, and event planning & coordination for the business development team at Alphaserve to attend hedge fund seminars.
- Managed client relationship in the tri-state area and provided in-depth analysis to top hedge fund managers utilizing Analytical platforms for the clients technology management needs.
Nov 2008 - Nov 2009
Senior Credit Analyst
- Researched Russell 2000 Small Cap companies’ capital structures focusing on the short-term and long term debt, analyzing 10Q and 10K financials and various industries such as construction, industrial and mining.
- Provided insightful investment research recommendation on various fixed income sectors: Asset-Backed Securities, Corporate Credit, U.S. Municipal Debt and U.S. Government & Agency Securities.
- Maintained statistical models and research reporting on strategies for small cap & fixed income securities.
- Interfaced with CFOs and CEOs of public firms to evaluate credit exposure and source private information about capital structures.
Jan 2003 - May 2008
Firstcall Equity Advisors
Equity Research Analyst
- Analyzed market trends and provided investment recommendations for the Mumbai Equity market.
- Built financial modeling tools for senior analysts and senior management to streamline analysis process.
- Prepared external/internal reporting documentation to communicate investment ideas, news, events, and opinions regarding security analysis to potential & current investors.