Position as an IT Service Operation Manager offering challenges, career advancement and making most out of the expertise in the IT field.
CCNA, MCP, HP & Brainbench Certified professional with 7+ years of technical experience in a combination of customer service, technical support, helpdesk, systems administration, and network administration in both a large user base Datacenter environment and small startup environment. Adept at IT field in Messaging, networking, security, remote administration. PC and Systems support with both hardware and software.
1. PROJECT MANAGEMENT & EXECUTIONExperience in infrastructure projects. Project Planning, Hardware finalization (Switches, Routers, Telephony, Desktops/Laptops, Backup Infrastructure, etc.), cabling Infrastructure, Data Center Designing as per the global standards. 2. LAN & WAN DESIGNING, SUPPORT & TROUBLESHOOTINGExperience in designing of the network (LAN and WAN). Operational support of both LAN and WAN, troubleshooting ongoing issues. Technologies like Frame Relay, ATM, MPLS, IPLCs, Metro Ethernet etc. Worked on Nortel and Cisco LAN, WAN & Multiplexer platforms.3. SERVER MANAGEMENT (HARDWARE, OPERATING SYSTEMS, BACKUP & APPLICATIONS)Experience on managing the Windows Servers, SQL Server, Exchange Server, Notes Server and Backup across the multiple Offices., VERITAS Backup Exec and ArcServe and using DLT/Ultrium2/Ultrium3 Technology. Experience on HP HP/Compaq Proliant, IBM Netfinity & X-series, and DELL PowerEdge.4. CAPACITY PLANNING (NETWORK, SERVER FILE STORAGE, NAS & BACKUP) Capacity monitoring of Network, Servers and Storage platforms. Conversant with tools like MRTG, HP Systems Insight Manager and other SNMP based monitoring tools.5. TELEPHONY Experience on maintaining the Telephony Infrastructure (Both PSTN and Network Phones). 6. PROCESS TRANSITIONSExperience on providing technology support for transitioning new processes into India, which includes assessing the technology requirements for the process, evaluation of various available options and suggesting the best technology / methodology.
7. LOCATION IN SUPPORT AND TEAM MANAGEMENTExperience on IT Service Delivery and Support spanning across multiple locations, with the various location IS teams reporting to me. Responsible for providing level 2/level 3 IS infrastructure support.8. BUDGETING AND COST CONTROL9. VENDOR MANAGEMENT10. DR AND BCP PLANNING AND DOCUMENTATION11. INTERNAL AUDITS AND CLIENT AUDITS
Systems and network administration in a 24x7 headless/lights-out Data center environment.
Extensive experience in System, Operation, Vendor, Network and Backup managements.
Detail-oriented multi-tasker with strong organizational abilities.
Familiar with large corporation policies, departments and processes.
Able to work with and maintain relations with staff and clients on all levels.
Strong troubleshooting, installation and configuration skills.
Attentive to details. Maintain meticulous records of all projects.
IT Service Operatiion Manager
Implemented ITIL Standards.
Done Service Strategy, Service Design and Service operation for Hirecraft Software with Windows 2003 enterprise server and SQL Server Enterprise 2003 which contained full recruitment process including billing manager.
Implemented Windows Share point Service 2003 on live server for inventories, assets and stocks.
Developed Intranet service ( www.planmanindia.com ) for Planman Employee and internal staff which includes K-base, announcement, news and events, current openings, pollings and internal chat application. Involved in Service Strategy, Service Design and Service operation for the same.
Duties & Tasks
- work out current and future IT needs by consulting with people at all levels about the current work systems and deciding how improvements could be made
- analyze the information needs of an organization and develop technological solutions to satisfy those needs
- prepare or direct IT policy and plan strategy development
- direct activities to select and install major IT facilities
- oversee the provision of training for users and clients
- direct the integration of IT operations, computer hardware, operating systems, communications, software applications and data processing
- work out priorities for systems developments, maintenance and operations
- control the security aspects of IT systems
- provide advice to other senior managers and boards on IT issues and planning.
Oct 2004 - Apr 2007
- Responsible for all aspects of Information Systems operations and support, including accurate, up-to-date documentation and change control procedural documentation. Primary duties included: WIN2K Administrator, Lotus Domino Server Administrator, Oracle DBA, Symantec Antivirus Server Administrator, Citrix Server Administrator & Backup Admin.
- Working as a Central Helpdesk for central service for location resident engineers.
- System Administration: User management (creating/deleting/managing users and users profiles) and Capacity & Resources Management: (disk resources of the LAN/WAN users, managing network printers etc) on Win2k environment.
- Assisting in the installation of LAN/WAN-based software packages.
- Maintaining IS / IT Standards set by Customer.
- Administrating & Monitoring Lotus Domino Server, Recertifying users ID, moving user mailbox, deleting from address book and replicating all remote Domino Server
- Performance tuning, based on monitoring of system resources;
- Administrating & Updating Centrally Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition (Enterprise Server).
- Vendor Management for System & Network under maintenance / contract.
- Monitoring LAN / WAN using Lafarge Standard monitoring system.
- Monitoring Checkpoint Firewall.
- Implementing an effective backup strategy for the servers, including protection and restoration of the entity's critical data on ARCserve & Veritas Backup Exec;
- Adequate documentation for daily startup, shutdown and emergency operational procedures of the servers.
- Manage technical staff, solving system integrity and transparent scalability problems.
Feb 2001 - Aug 2004
Customer Support Executive
- Connected remote sites via Internet using Cisco equipment, AT&T dialer, SecureID and through VPN (Extranet Client).
- Managed network in TCP/IP environment.
- Daily backups, H/W & S/W troubleshooting, network virus inoculation, file/print/terminal server and workstation performance optimization, repair and configuration
- Managed Mail Server like Exchange Server 2k and its Clients i.e. Lotus Notes Client, Microsoft Outlook & Outlook Express.
- Maintained system documentation display configuration before & after upgrade.
- Deployed ISDN Dial-in for backup solutions.
- Trained staff and documented various systems consisting of multiple circuits to vendor.
- Served as site engineer at CCI (Cable Corporation of India), ESPN, AT&T, INDIA TODAY.