Procurement and Service Contracts Administrator
- Assists Purchasing Administrator in providing requested information for the purpose of providing necessary documentation, reports and statistics.
- Administers bidding process and contracts for vendor performance/compliance within established limits (e.g. prepare specifications, evaluate bids, recommend vendors, conduct bid meetings, etc.) for the purpose of securing items and/or services within budget and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Compiles data from a wide variety of sources (e.g. vendors, staff, public agencies, etc.) for the purpose of analyzing issues, ensuring compliance with a wide variety of purchasing policies and procedures, and/or monitoring purchasing processes.
- Evaluates order and bid documentation (e.g. requisitions, change orders, bids, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring proper use of County funds in the acquisition of supplies, equipment and/or services.
- Evaluates vendors for the purpose of determining their capability for performing to established specifications.
- Issues purchase orders, etc. for the purpose of completing purchasing processes in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains purchasing information files and records (e.g. Requests for Proposal, purchase orders, vendor files, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Negotiates with vendors for the purpose of resolving purchasing issues and/or ensuring purchases are within requirements/regulations.
- Oversees required processes (e.g. purchase orders and requisitions for supplies, equipment, conference request, bids for potential commodities, supplies, equipment and services, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring necessary resources to support County operation.
- Participates in unity meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions. Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Prepares written materials and electronic financial information for the purpose of documenting activities, providing reference, conveying information, and complying with established financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
- Presents information on administrative procedures, services, regulations, etc. for the purpose of training and orienting other personnel and/or disseminating information to appropriate parties.
- Processes purchasing-related information (e.g. bid documents, tabulations, requisitions, electronic procurement, product specifications, statements of work, performance terms, contracts, etc.) for the purpose of updating and distributing information, authorizing for action and/or complying with established accounting practices.
- Researches contracts, suppliers, equipment and regulations, including evaluation of new products for the purpose of ensuring compliance with budgetary guidelines.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources for the purpose of providing information, direction and/or appropriate referrals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.