Secondary School Teacher – Ministry of Education
Rishikul Sanatan College – Central Division
- Creating awareness and communicating educational reforms and policy changes.
- Preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities (Year 9 - Year 13).
- Marking work, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of pupils' progress and development.
- Researching new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devising and writing new curriculum materials.
- Selecting and using a range of different learning/teaching resources and equipment, including lecture theatre projector and audio visual aids, whiteboards and butcher paper.
- Preparing pupils for qualifications and external examinations.
- Managing pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and applying appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior.
- Undertaking pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
- Communicating with parents and guardian over pupils' progress and participating in departmental meetings, parent day functions and whole school training events.
- Liaising with other professionals, such as career advisers, educational counselors and education officers.
- Supervising and supporting the work of teaching assistants, trainee teachers and newly qualified teachers.
- Participating and organising extracurricular activities, such as social and cultural activities and sporting events.
- Coaching and preparing students for academic competitions, such as debates, oratory, essay competitions and major national televised competitions like IQ Active and Spell Well.
- Training and preparing students for extracurricular national events, such as Kula Films and Tadra Kahani.
- Active involvement in the schools magazine committee, OHS committee and social committee.
- Undergoing regular observations and participating in planned in-service training as part of continuing professional development.