Welcome to my digital portfolio. Please feel free to browse my downloadable writing, design and copywriting/branding samples. You may also contact me for additional samples at email@example.com.
Marketing collateral for project networker. Brochure for DART Orange Line Expansion to Irving construction.
Marketing collateral for project networker. Invitation e-flyer for DART Orange Line Expansion to Irving construction.
Marketing collateral for project networker. Welcome board for DART Orange Line Expansion to Irving construction.
Flyer promoting Xavier alumni and guest speaker Don Tassone, VP of External Relations at P&G. Designed with InDesign.
Article and layout designed to engage attendees at semi-annual career fair. Designed with Adobe InDesign.
Susan G. Komen poster to promote the Race for the Cure to new male demographic. Designed with Adobe Photoshop.
Promotional flyer for PRSSA internship info night for communication arts majors.
Informational brochure for new members of the Charter Committee.
Flyers to create awareness during people-first language campaign for PRSSA.
Aug 2007 - May 2011
Bachelor of Arts
- GPA: 3.79/4.0, Magna Cum Laude
- Study Abroad: Intercultural Communication and Economics, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Scholarships: Xavier Honor Scholarship and Fr. J. Peter Buschmann Award
- Awards: 2010 Golden X Key (based on leadership)
Sales Associate, Banana Republic, May 2009 - January 2010
Maintained store goal of 70 percent credit card upgrade and 20 percent new card membership
Seasonal Sales Associate, Phantom Fireworks, May 2009 - August 2009 Handled large cash transactions during busy Fourth of July season
Enforced Ohio state regulations for firework sales
Student Caller, Xavier University, Phonathon,January 2009 - April 2009
Formed and maintained relationships with Xavier alumni, parents and friends in order to obtain monetary pledges to the University's Annual Fund Used SmartCall technology
Brand Representative, DSW Shoe Warehouse, October 2007 - May 2008
Provided customer service and increased rewards program enrollment Created and maintained end cap displays on a weekly basis
Seasonal Sales Associate, Bath and Body Works, November 2006 - January 2007
Delivered excellent customer service and timely shelf restock during busy Christmas season
Lead Brand Representative, Limited Too (Now known as Justice), August 2005 - November 2007
Trained and interviewed new employees Coordinated activities for monthly Girl Scout troop visits Executed monthly floor sets and created weekly shelving displays
Alternative Breaks Service Trips, Biscayne National Park, FL - March 2009 and Baltimore, MD - March 2010
Volunteer Mentor for Elementary School Children, December 2007- December 2010
A Xavier Christmas
Volunteer Campus Tour Guide, September 2007- October 2008
Muskies Own Recruitment Effort
Director of Public Relations, August 2010-present Public Relations Student Society of America
- Recruit and host public relations professionals for monthly advisory sessions to current students
- Oversee club operations including creating marketing materials and distributing press releases
- Manage social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter (@XavierPRSSA)
- Executed campus-wide communications campaign to raise awareness about People-First Language use in media writing
Special Events Committee Chair, August 2009-May 2010 Student Alumni Association
- Managed a five-person team in developing a strategic logistical event and creative marketing plans
- Created copy for promotional materials including yard signs, banners, t-shirts and campus newspaper advertisements
- Executed campus-wide event, attended by over 500 students, to encourage student philanthropy
Vice President, August 2009-May 2010
- Triple team size through recruitment efforts
- Designed team apparel
- Coordinated fundraising efforts to generate $1,500 for travel to national competition
Secretary, September 2007-December 2010 Student Alumni Association
- Selected to present at 2010 CASE ASAP National Conference on how to plan a successful campus event [http://cms2.case.org/Conferences_and_Training/ASAP/Program.html]
- Recruited 20 new members to continue fostering relationships between students and alumni
May 2011 - Present
Public Relations Assistant
- Direct logistics and create marketing materials for events attended by 100 construction workers
- Write and design project newsletters distributed to more than 500 readers monthly
Oct 2010 - May 2011
Internships and Mentor Program Intern
- Facilitate and manage relationships between 106 current students and multiple industry mentors
- Write bi-weekly articles for e-newsletter and create promotional materials for events
- Planned, promoted and emceed annual luncheon with 48 mentors, mentees and faculty and staff members in attendance. [See event recap here: http://www.xavier.edu/career/Xavier-University-Annual-Mentoring-Luncheon.cfm]
- Promoted targeted internships to students with diverse majors. [See sample listings here: http://www.xavier.edu/career/Internship-Programs.cfm]
Aug 2008 - May 2011
Senior Resident Assistant
- Organize logistics and marketing for monthly programs to enhance life skills for 100 students
- Build relationships with and provided ongoing counsel to 80 upperclassmen to support achievement in all areas of student life
- Led a staff of eight by planning weekly leadership development and team building activities
- Oversaw daily operations, such as managing budgets, creating monthly schedules and regulating office supplies for eight staff members
- Interviewed candidates for both student and professional positions in group and individual settings
- Promoted to Senior Resident Assistant position after one year of service
- Selected to showcase bulletin boards on national website [See samples: www.reslife.net/assets/docs/BeatingWinterBoredom.pptx www.reslife.net/assets/docs/DT_PinkandGreen.pptx]
Nov 2008 - May 2011
Head Copy Editor and Staff Writer
Xavier University Newswire
- Edit drafts of weekly student newspaper using current AP style, circulation 3,000
- Direct new writer recruitment event and helped transition members into new roles
- Interview faculty, staff and students for campus news and feature stories twice a month
- Created weekly schedule for a staff of seven
Oct 2009 - May 2010
Social Media Intern
- Launched campaign resulting in growth to 1,000 members on Facebook and LinkedIn in four months
- Executed promotions for annual fundraiser that contributed $58,000 toward university programs
- Created two Facebook page advertisements to increase involvement in mentor program
- Wrote articles and designed handouts published on website and distributed at monthly council meetings