As a Sales Associate, i was responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service for T.J MAXX standards, generating sales, merchandising, and maintaining good customer servce. My
tasks and responsibilities included:
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
- Aid customers in locating merchandise.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Assist in completing price changes within the department.
- Participate in year-end inventory and cycle counts.
- Assist in ringing up sales at registers and/or bagging merchandise.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed