Senior Assistant Manager
The primary responsibility of a Senior Assistant Manager is to assist the Store Manager in providing leadership and managing all processes of store operations to maximize store sales and profits. This position requires initiative, creativity and the ability to exercise independent judgment.
Competencies included in position include
Modeling the Way, motivation, team building, coaching, training, customer committment, execution, verbal and written communication, merchandising, delegation, time management, prioritizing, recruiting
- Identify and respond promptly to Customers needs.
- Ensure a consistent and fulfilling Customer experience.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Customers to increase sales growth and repeat business through credit card, email and designer program.
- Create schedules that meet customer traffic needs.
- Assist in Hiring, Train and the Developing a strong store team to provide an inviting, enjoyable, and fulfilling shopping experience to all Customers.
- Hold self and others accountable to maintaining all Kirkland’s policies and procedures.
- Manage employee performance by providing consistent and timely performance feedback to the team in partnership with the Store Manager.
- Help resolve conflict for both employees and customers.
- Recognize and celebrate performance.
- Promote a fun, caring, safe, and productive work environment.
- Support the Open Door Policy with all Team Members.
- Support an open and professional environment of exchanging information.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in written format.
- Assist in timely completion of all auditing paperwork and opening and closing procedures as outlined by the Operations Manual.
- Deliver store’s daily business goals and meets weekly sales goals as established by the Store Manager.
- Assist in the planning and executing of promotional and merchandising plans while maintaining presentation standards as directed by the company.
- Work in partnership with the Store Manager to protect and maintain company assets and resources.
- Enter new hire information into the company’s HR system.
- Complete I-9 forms for new hires in the company’s I-9 system.
- Enter inventory adjustments regarding damaged merchandise pursuant to the company’s damage control program.
- Adjust time entries as necessary.