I am dedicated to creating a learning environment that is mentally stimulating, encouraging, and safe. Furthermore, I foster students to be caring, honest, respectful, and responsible to themselves, their peers, and their teachers. One of my main focuses are to advance the struggling readers by working on the big five: comprehension, fluency, phonics, phonemic awareness, and vocabulary. I will act as a role model as we search for patterns, dissect the text, and practice the skills.
Jan 2013 - Aug 2014
- Planned and taught students through created lesson plans based off of the Montessori program.
- Held classroom management and daily schedules.
- Created open communication between students, parents, administration and myself.
Aug 2011 - Aug 2013
- Tutored students.
- Created activities and lessons for a variety of ages.
- Worked directly with helping students identify their emotions and how to deal with those emotions.
Aug 2013 - May 2015
Bachelors in Elementary Education
- I am expected to graduate in May 2015. I have passed both the CIA and the PLT. I will be expecting my license the first of June.
- I have received Presidential honors.
Aug 2011 - May 2013
Associates of Arts and Associates of Sciences
- I received Dean honors.
- I was invited into the Phi Theta Kappa honors program.
I am a student intern for the Shawnee Mission School District at Santa Fe Trail Elementary. I am working with second graders this Fall and will be with fourth graders in the spring. I have attended trainings such as: second grade quarter curriculum sessions, technology training for 1 on 1 iPad schools, science and social studies, apps in your classroom, and monthly inservice meetings. I am also a member of the KNEA.