- Successive summer internships with growing responsibilities with leading multi-national companies
- Work experience with leading Fortune 500 firms in Consumer Products, Retail and Financial Services
- Experience in International Business and Product Marketing in Asia Markets (India and U.S.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Windows XP & Website Design Tools
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
UNIQUE INDUSTRY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE-
To get an opportunity to work with a business management consulting firm and work as a business associate and use my college education and prior work experience to contribute to the company.
Oct 2010 - Nov 2011
Account Client Associate
- Convinced companies and top executives of companies to sponsor events and workshops we would organize
- Conducted large amounts of research on new emerging marketing trends in the retail, FMCG and telecommunication sector in different parts of the world
- Collaborated with Top Industry CMO's to create Marketing Strategies for our top 10 clients using large industry expertise.
- Co-related these strategies to companies such as AT&T, Verizon, Kmart, Alcatel, and Vodafone and helped them launch specific products or services based on their needs.
- Displayed strong Interpersonal communication skills when dealing with the client and other top executives
Sep 2010 - Oct 2010
Account Sales Intern
- Took up the challenge of working with Sony Ericsson to help them launch two of their new mobile phones and specifically target the problem of consumer retention with respect to these phones.
- Connected the customer to the brand by creating a number of customer engaging and retention ideas including placement of Mobile Phone Carts( at sports events) and development of the Text Genie Video( demonstrating the features of the phone) - increasing sales by 2% in 15 days
- Created a retail audit of all the major mobile carrier stores and how they display their various phones
- Studied new marketing strategies & tactics in the telecommunication Industry to relate them to Sony Ericson's marketing plan
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills by sharing various recommendations through numerous presentations to the top level management of Sony Ericsson
- Commended on the quick and fast implementation of ideas to increase consumer retention for Sony Ericsson (growth of customers by 4%)
Jun 2009 - Aug 2009
- Along with a group of 10 interns Convinced 676 stores in 4 days to advertise Pepsi's new Biscuits (Aliva) in India. (increased sales by 25% after initial launch)
- Personally sold the biscuits to more than 125 stores and was therefore selected as 1 out of 4 interns to look after and monitor different sales officers in Delhi.
- Built a competitive advantage for Pepsi by marketing the benefits of its new product to retailers and wholesalers ( Big entry into the Indian Biscuits market to capture 4% in its initial launch)
- Experience in brand management and exposure to retail supply chain processes
Jun 2008 - Aug 2008
New Product Development
- Analyzed a number of franchisee analysis models in the Asian Market
- Based on prior analysis, solely created a franchisee analysis model for India
- Demonstrated communication skills when giving numerous presentations regarding this product
- Conducted Large amounts of product testing with franchisees and franchisers in the Mumbai area
- Got a 65% positive feedback from Franchisers saying that a tool like this would save them lot of time and effort while searching for suitable franchisees
May 2007 - Jul 2007
- Conducted various market surveys for pre store launch
- Trained and developed 4 new employees on various techniques of surveying and data collection·
- Compiled acquired data using Microsoft Excel to show Product popularity in the market
- Undertook the position of group leader in order to maintain deadlines of reports and co-ordinate group activities
- Helped Reliance establish itself as the major retail brand in India by setting up their new retail chain of stores
- Created a competitive advantage for the new retail stores by creating a separate request counter where customers could order or inquire about products not available in their local grocery stores.
- Ensured that each new store in different areas on the NCR area were created with the goal to ' Localize to Optimize'
- Helped the new retail stores known as Reliance Fresh grow from the 1st to the 57th store