Senior Business Systems Analyst
Royal Bank, Canada's largest and most successful financial institution
- Used Cayenne (Bachman) and ErWin as the case tools to design the data warehouse accessing MS SQL Server databases on a Windows 95/NT platform. Extracts from month end mainframe files (SAP, flat files, IMS, DB2) used to load SQL Server to provide access to data using business intelligence tools Cognos Impromptu and PowerPlay
- Responsibility areas: Loans, Mortgages, CIF, VISA [Acquiring and Issuing], overdrafts, Chequeing, savings, leasing, and credit scoring and product groups.
- Ensured Data Warehouse Change Management processes reduced downtime and reduced impact of changes and enhancements to the data schema and BI tools.
- Rationalized host data extracts and processes to eliminate redundancy and reduced costs by using Impromptu and PowerPlay as delivery tools
- Reduced processing costs and manpower requirements to conduct risk evaluation activities of branch lending and credit approval.
- Responsible for all QA deliverables, strategies, and implementation testing of Retail Risk products and services provided to Internal Audit Service field auditors; including execution of testing and recording of metrics and work completed by other IAS IT staff.
- Designed and developed methodology to automate auditing of entire domestic transfer files to report all manual debit transactions to revenue accounts.
- Co authored Systems & Technology wide Year 2000 Compliancy and certification standard.
- Business specification, Business Acceptance Testing design and analysis, moderator Joint Application & Design (JAD). Formal inspections and project phase management.
Technology Used: MS Project, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, VISIO, Cognos, SQL Server 2000, Cayenne (Bachman), Erwin, SAP, Cognos Impromptu and PowerPlay, IBM Mainframe, CICS & VMS