I am a Management and Project Management Professional (PMP) with 20+ years experience and a proven track record of successfully delivering project and business results within functional, matrix and projectized organizations for corporate and non-profit entities. I thrive in environments rewarding strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills. I am trustworthy, ethical, passionate, and committed to excellence - confident and poised in interactions with individuals at all levels, evidenced by receipt of two Nortel Networks Corporate Awards of Excellence.
Apr 2009 - Present
Project Manager - Service Management Platform
2007 - Feb 2009
Small Groups Pastor
Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining an effective Small Group system within Covenant Church International that connects members and guests to life giving small groups where authentic fellowship is realized and lives are being transformed into the image of Christ. Areas of responsibility include: Building and leading an effective "span-of-care" system, establishing and maintaining a new guest assimilation and membership process, overseeing leader training initiatives, planning and executing leadership retreats providing community building and continued education, and continuously communicate the vision of authentic community within CCI.
- Established and led a congregational care system through training and implementation of Stephen Ministry. Recruited 6 volunteer leaders and trained 10 volunteer Stephen Ministers commissioning them to service.
- Designed and implemented an effective assimilation process connecting new guests into the life of the church. Results include 250 guests attending guest lunch per year, 15-20% becoming new members and connecting in group life, exceeding the national average of 10% retention.
- Researched, designed and implemented a leadership development and training model for the small group ministry.
- Research, designed and implemented a small group span-of-care system resulting in a 100% increase in the number of small groups and participating members.
- Redesigned work flow and job assignments for 5 administrative and technical staff members eliminating redundant and overlapping job duties and this improving efficiency
- Project managed the initiation, design and implementation of a new church web site (www.ccifamily.org) on time and within budget
2001 - 2007
Associate Pastor/Executive Administrator
Performed duties of an Executive Administrator and Associate Pastor for 800 member Covenant Church International providing pastoral support and executive support including staff hiring and performance management, budget preparations and management, church organizational structure, providing direct leadership oversight of administrative and technical staff, and assisting the Sr. Pastor with decision making. Accomplishment include:
- Developing a comprehensive Children's Church program for ages 0 to 12 dramatically improving effectiveness in mentoring children. Accomplishments include:
- designing and implementing a detailed and comprehensive child protection program ensuring child safety resulting in high level parent satisfaction and zero incidents
- Improved the number of children participating from 40 to 250+ directly influencing substantial church growth
- Hired and managed a full time Children's Ministry Director to lead day to day ministry operations
- Approximately 100 adult and teen volunteer leaders
- Mentored an all youth worship band for grade school children's church
- Establishing and leading a middle school youth program mentoring middle school teens in their relationship with Christ. Grew the program from an initial number of 9 teens to 45+ within 1 year.
- Led 20 youth on successful cross-cultural missions trips to Ireland and Mexico.
- Researching, designing and project managing construction, procurement management and operations of a coffee cafe meeting duration and budget expectations.
2000 - 2001
Manager - Order Management, Bellsouth & Cingular Accounts
Managed staff of quotation and customer billing specialists providing on-time and accurate customer quotations and billing for BellSouth and Cingular accounts. Participated in a corporate-wide initiative to reduce Days Sales Outstanding (DSO). Achieved reduction to 30 days DSO for both BellSouth and Cingular by driving identification and resolution of customer delayed payment issues.
1993 - 2000
Manager / Project Manager - Engineering and Installation Systems
Led teams of IT and user support personnel in both weak-matrix and functional organizations supporting multiple engineering and installation applications delivering support services, new feature development and release and software bug resolution achieving high user satisfaction.
Specific achievements include:
- Successful creation and management of a centralized user support help desk through design of required operations processes, establishing the physical office environment including work space, phone system and Service Request system functionality, hiring of required technical staff, performance metrics collection and reports supporting root cause and trend analysis for continuous improvement and improved customer satisfaction.
- Achieved ISO 9000 qualification requiring extensive business process, quality control and continuous improvement analysis and documentation to meet ISO standards.
- Successful year 2000 repair and implementation for 5 applications including IBM mainframe, Windows and Unix operating systems. My leadership included acquisition of contract programming expertise in multiple languages and platforms, managing and directing the project team and implementing the appropriate project management methodology to ensure on-time performance within budget constraints. Incremental system robustness functionality was also included to improve system performance.
- At the request of corporate executives I provided leadership to successfully identify and resolve significant operations issues with an enterprise mainframe application . Team leadership, problem solving and project management techniques were successfully utilized to bring performance back into acceptable standards. This project required regular communication and presentation with corporate executives to communicate plans and progress toward successful resolution.
- Successfully delivered project business requirements for up to 30 projects simultaneously all within budget and duration constraints.
- Led functional IT and user support organizations delivering superior user satisfaction, business results, yearly 10% budget reduction and employee performance management and development.
1990 - 1993
Project Manager - ERP Migration
Led and directed a project team in a matrix organization successfully delivering an $8 Million engineering configuration system as part of a corporate-wide ERP migration meeting duration and budget constraints. Responsibiities included business process analysis and modification to meet new ERP requirements and managing IT development, testing and implementation.
1980 - 1990
I held various application and systems engineering positions including:
- DMS-100 Family central office engineering per customer requirements. Duties included system configuration and specification, equipment cabling, MDF terminations, equipment drawings, etc.
- Formulating and documenting complex engineering rules and algorithms for Nortel software and hardware products.
- Performance testing of Nortel products to determine capacity and performance limitations and developing associated engineering algorithms used by customers to provision adequate hardware to meet customer demands.
- New Product Engineering as a member of Nortel's New Product Introduction team managing engineerability, configuration and engineering ERP system requirements for Nortel new product introductions.
Nortel Networks Professional Training
Completed numerous Nortel Networks leadership development courses including:
- Situational Leadership
- Management Leadership Forum
- Project management
- Kepner-Tregoe Problem Solving & Decision Making
Jul 2003 - Present
Teaching biblically based procedures, methods, systems, and processes used by the most successful CEOs in multi-billion dollar corporations and taught in the Nation's top business schools. Taught by Dean Radke, former COO of The Gap stores and Executive Pastor of World Harvest Church.