- 5 years of total IT experience in the business requirements analysis, application design, dimensional data modeling, data modeling, designing, coding, development, testing and implementation.
- 3 years of experience working on End-To-End implementation of Data warehouse.
- Strong understanding of Data warehouse concepts, ETL, MDM, Star Schema, Snowflake, data modeling experience using Normalization, Business Process Analysis, Reengineering, Dimensional Data modeling, FACT& dimensions tables, physical & logical data modeling.
- 3 years of strong experience in Data Warehousing and ETL using Informatica Powercenter, IBM Datastage.
- Experience in working with multiple RDBMS including Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata and MS Access.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills. Team Player with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business process.
Nov 2011 - Present
Data Warehouse Consultant
Responsibilities: Involved in EAI operations, design and development of data integration from data source systems, Operational data stores to Enterprise data warehouse.
Saudi Telecom, Riyadh, Kindom of Saudi Arabia(Nov 2011 - Present)
Saudi Telecom Company(STC) is the largest telecommunications company by market capitalization, total revenue and number of employees in KSA. STC EDW is migrating to Teradata cLDM 13. I am actively involved in design and implementation of old and new source data mappings and segmentation layer for BI and Analytics.
Role: Data warehouse consultant
- Collaborating with business, application, solution, and technical architects to understand the implications of respective architectures on data architecture and to maximize the value of information across the organization.
- Performed enterprise data integration of various systems like Oracle Siebel-CRM, Convergys Geneva-IRB, IBM ICMS, Comptel, Oracle Financials, Genesys CTI and non-relational sources like flat files into EDW.
- Involved in designing, implementing and delivering data warehouse ETL applications.
- Participation in Data modeling meetings, helped to identify the relationship between tables according to the requirements.
- Developing mappings in ETL tools(IBM datastage, Informatica Power center) to load the data from various sources into the Data warehouse through different data transformations like Source Qualifier, JAVA, Expression, Lookup, Aggregate, Update Strategy and Joiner.
- Developing stored procedures, functions, Views and Triggers, Complex queries using Teradata and Green Plum SQL. Optimizing Teradata ETL queries.
- Scheduling data stream for data backup and archive to EMC Green plum and IBM Natezza.
- Documenting the entire ETL design, implementation and deployment process and procedures.
- Working on CDC, SCD-2 data integration applications.
- Worked on migration project of database objects from Oracle to Teradata.
May 2010 - Oct 2011
Makkays Hi-Tech Systems Pvt
Responsibilities: Extensively involved in Requirements elicitation, System designing and development activities of ERP System.
Implementation of Interconnect solutions(Pvt) Ltd ERP using ASP.NET 3.5, Infragistics tools, SQL Server 2005 and Crystal Reports 2008. Overall consisting of 5 modules HR & Payroll, Accounts, Inventory, Sales and Order log. Writing Custom Functions, crystal Reports 2008, Data Migration and Analysis.
Implementation of Makkays procurement support system using ASP.NET 3.5, SQL Server 2005 and Crystal Reports 2008. Supports all purchase processes with in organization including quotations, quotations prioritizations, approvals from corresponding executives, inventory management etc.
Implementation of Islamabad Club Member management system using C#.NET 3.5, Component one tools, SQL Server 2005 and Crystal Reports 2008. Support all basic and advance features of member management and ticketing.
Implementation of Makkays Technical project planning and execution system using C#.NET 3.5, Component one tools, SQL Server 2005 and Crystal Reports 2008. Support all projects sponsor, planning and execution related activities, checks and task reports.
Nov 2009 - Apr 2010
Ora-Tech Systems Pvt
Responsibilities: Extensively involved in design and development of EPR modules of Pakistan Telecommunication Authority. Analyzed the current system and its short comings, worked with team as analyst and developer to re design the modules in accordance with business rules.
Implementation of Number allocation and management system as a part of PTA ERP. Developed in ASP.NET 3.0, Oracle 10g, PL/SQL Developer and Crystal Reports. All communication numbers UAN, UIN, Toll free, Mobile Short codes etc were supposed to be managed through this application.
View Link: http://220.127.116.11: 8080/numbering
Implementation of Equipment type allocation and management system as a part of PTA ERP. Developed in ASP.NET 3.0, Oracle 10g, PL/SQL Developer and Crystal Reports. All communication devices used by customers were supposed to be licensed and their types were managed through this application.
ETL Tools: IBM Datastage, Informatica Powercenter, Ab-initio.
Data modeling Tools : MS Visio, Erwin.
BI Tools: SAS 9.0, SAS University edition, MS Crystal Reports.
Databases: Teradata, IBM Natezza, EMC GreenPlum, MS SQL Server, Oracle.
Scripting: AWK, Shell, UNIX.
Technologies: VB, C#, ASP.NET, SQL, PL/SQL, AJAX.
Frameworks: .NET, Java, PHP.
Concepts: Enterprise application integration, Business Intelligence, Data mining, Predictive analysis, Decision modeling, Data warehousing
Sep 2011 - Sep 2013
Conducted cor-relational research with Thesis title ‘Archiving data warehouse by considering the data business value as per choice of decision maker’. Enhanced Knowledge Partners International’s Business Decision Maturity Model to invent a metadata model to reflect EDW's data business value over a period of time and use it for making data retention policies.
View : http://tinyurl.com/pmf5hvn
Sep 2005 - May 2009
Developed Secure LAN Communication (SLC) as Final Year Project in C#.NET 3.0. It was 2-Tier SLC facilitated LAN Users to communicate over LAN in secured manner. RSA and AES encryption were used in PKI Environment to support secure file sharing and chatting over the network.
- Professional member of International Institute of Analytics (IIAnalytics).
- Professional member of Data Warehousing Institute (TDWI).
- Student member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Student member of Association of Computer Machinery (ACM).
- Regular member of International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology (IACSIT).
- Introduction to Teradata Analytical Architecture, Teradata University 2014.
- SAS Knowledge Transfer Session, Teradata University 2014.
- Data mining in database with SAS, Teradata University 2014.
- Advanced Ab-initio Training 2014, held in Teradata GCC Islamabad.
- Introduction to Travel and hospitality LDM, Teradata University 2013.
- Introductory workshop of EMC Green Plum 2013, held in STC Riyadh.
- Introductory workshop of IBM Natezza 2013, held in STC Riyadh.
- Introduction to Manufacturing LDM of Teradata 2013, held in Teradata GCC Islamabad.
- Advanced workshop of Communication LDM of Teradata 2013, held in Teradata GCC Islamabad.
- Basic Ab-initio Training 2013, held in Teradata GCC Islamabad.
- Basic Informatica Power Center Basic Training 2013, held in Teradata GCC Islamabad.
- Teradata Factory Training 2011, held in Teradata GCC Islamabad.
- National Information security seminar 2011, Organized by Pakistan Science Foundation.
- Information Security seminar 2010, Organized by Riphah International University, Islamabad.
- Open Source Technology Basics (PHP) workshop 2009, Organized by Bahria University, Islamabad.
- Microsoft Web based Technologies workshop 2009, Organized by Bahria University, Islamabad.