To practice interaction design and be part of a team/organization that adds value to people's lives.
- Ability to work efficiently both individually and in a group. Demonstrated leadership qualities in running offshore dev team.
- Experience in research and analytical work through extensive academic training.
- Outstanding communication and problem solving skills. Highly motivated and dedicated to succeed.
- International student design competition finalist at CHI 2007.
Eli Blevis, Kevin Makice, William Odom, David Roedl, Christian Beck, Shunying Blevis and Arvind Ashok. "Luxury and New Luxury: Quality and Equality"; Published in DPPI 2007
Arvind Ashok, Christian Beck and Nick Quagliara. "Ri-Ri: Assisting bus conductors in Madras"; Published in CHI 2007. Finalist in the Student Design Competition.
Arvind Ashok and Christian Beck. "Using Activity Theory to Develop a Design Framework for Rural Development"; Published in CHI 2007, poster session.
- Interaction Design and its role in developing countries
- Increasing social capital and civic sense in India
- Educating under-privileged kids in India - I am raising money for this cause, running the SV marathon in October.
Affinity Diagramming, Bodystorming, Cognitive Walkthrough, Concept mapping, Contextual Inquiry, Experience Prototyping, Focus Groups, Heuristic Evaluation, Human-Centered Design, Participatory Design, Personas, Prototyping , Scenarios, Usability Testing.
Photoshop, Illustrator, IHMC Cmap Tools, Visio, Flash, Dreamweaver
Aug 2007 - Present
I work as the lead interaction designer/interactive architect at facetPlay (http://www.facetplay.com). facetPlay is a self-funded, small startup that rethinks the one-identity nature of today's online conversations and interactions by enabling people to manage all facets of their identity. Context and Identity are at the core of this product.
I drive the entire design process under the supervision of the VP of Corporate Development.
My role includes:
- Defining the complete user experience
- Designing and defining new features for the product
- Understanding user needs, as well as business and functional requirements.
- Creating detailed design and functional specifications (storyboards, workflows, mockups, prototypes, specifications) that effectively communicate the information design and interaction design.
- Conducting research and usability testing, gathering data on the designs and iterating new designs.
- Managing off-shore development team in Chennai, India.
- Redesigning the UI to incorporate user research and usability feedback.
Jun 2004 - Aug 2005
K7 Computing is a leading antivirus solution provider in India, and is the second largest selling antivirus in Japan.
I was responsible for
- writing tools and utilities to automate various activities of the virus lab.
- determining new features in the product, part of the think-tank along with the CEO
- UI and user-experience
Aug 2005 - Aug 2007
- Graduated with 3.8 GPA
- Finalist at the International Student Design Competition at CHI 2007, representing IU
- President of GISA (Graduate Informatics Student Association) at IU
- Part of the group of students that promoted and ran "Design House" at IU
- Fully-funded scholar for the duration of the Masters program at Indiana University
Sep 2000 - May 2004
Bachelor of Engineering
- Graduated with Honors with a 79% aggregate
- Member of the student council in the Department of Computer Science