Technology Analyst ( Lead -Client Support)
Project: PARA (Product Accounting, Reporting and Analysis)
PARA is a sub ledger for the firm's proprietary positions and is a subdivision of the Controllers Technology division of Goldman Sachs. Legal Entity workstation (LEW), FUNDING, Regulatory(REG) are other projects that are closely associated with PARA and they all comes under the umbrella of controllers technology. PARA is the P&L (profit and loss) calculation system for the firm's trading businesses. Globally PARA is responsible for capturing all trading activity. It also contains a substantial sub-application for Price Verification, which controllers use to validate the prices that traders apply to their securities and derivatives positions.
PARA's primary responsibility is to monitor, verify and report the potential profit and loss generated by the trading department, which trades on behalf of the firm. The scope of the project includes maintaining some of the business critical applications, looking at ways of improving the performance of theses systems and bringing down the overall costs- all while maintaining a high quality application for the end users (controllers). The project also involves liaising with business users to understand their requirements and translating them into quality technology solutions.
- Supporting user requests, batch completion, QA checkouts, bug fixing and releasing the fixes and debugging the application modules.
- Currently working on resolving user srs tickets and ensuring that the daily batch processing completes on time and P&L data is made available to users on time.
- Looking into data quality issues, providing updates to users on the completion of various milestones, adhoc report generation etc are some of the other responsibilities.
- Involved in monitoring the stability, health and performance of the infrastructure and applications including disk space issues, database blocks, unresponsive databases.
- Breaking down complex situations to discover and resolve root causes including both technical and process issues.
- Suggesting and implementing steps to improve efficiency in the process and automating repeated monotonous tasks.
- Managing the lifecycle of the defects generated and coordinating with the developers for bugs in the application flow.
- Involve in working with development, business and QA team for the root cause analysis of batch job failures.
- Creating and monitoring batch jobs using Autosys job scheduling tool
- Extensively used GS tools like iView, CSAW, procnosticator.
- Managing User access to the application (Addition and deletion access or roles to various modules in the application)
- Handle deployment activities for various developments and testing environments and participated in production releases.
JAVA, Unix Shell Scripts, Sybase Database, Autosys, iView, CSAW, Putty, MS Office Applications.
Unix Sun/Sol machine, Linux, MS Dos, windows